2008 Black Range Rover Sport

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by gmblack3, Apr 10, 2009.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

2008 Range Rover Sport w/ 30k miles.

A big thanks to Fminus on this one. Phil recommended this client to me.

Tires and wells cleaned with ARO 1:1 water.

Wheels where very stubborn on this one. Started with Valu-gard custom wheel cleaner and scrubbed with EZ detail, swissvax and Blonde Boar’s Hair brushes on the right front wheel. Cleaned everything except for the enbedded dust in the corners of the wheels. Reapplied the custom wheel cleaner and tried a small section of a bug sponge. Not much improvment.

I sprayed the left front wheel with some P21s wheel cleaning gel and let it dwell for 45 mins in the shade while I cleaned the rear wheels. They also had enbedded brake dust in the corners.

I then scrubbed the front left wheels with the same brushes/bug sponge as above. The enbedded dust still remained in the corners. I tried just a few other products on the enbedded brake dust: tarminator, M105 by hand, Auto Magic red clay, ect. Nothing would really budge the enbedded brake dust.

I got on the phone with my good friend Todd Helme as he knows a thing or two about a thing or two. He said he had a spare gallon of Megs Wheel Brightner laying around and he would send it out to me that day. I was going to have this Range for 4-5 days, so I could wait.

FF to a few days later and the MWB arrived. I applied it to the corners of a dry wheel as the instructions state. I again used the bug sponge and made good progress, but still did not get the wheels 100% clean. :(

Back to the wash.

Foamed with my lance using CGCWC 3oz and water in a 32 oz bottle.
    Rinsed w/ PW.
    ValuGard paint Neutralization System and used the lance for the final washing step.

Exterior trim was also cleaned with ARO 1:1 water and the Blonde Boar’s Hair brush.

Instead of claying I dry sanded all paint with Micromesh 4000 dry.

Wiped down paint with prep-solv followed by straight IPA.

I did the interior next:
    Vac

Leather surfaces cleaned/condtiioned with Zaino Z9/10.

Hard surfaces cleaned with 1Z einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner "Plastik-Reiniger." Cleaned up areas like the steering wheel with ease. The interior did not look that dirty on this vehicle, but I was suprised by the amount of dirt removed.

Hard surfaces protected with 1Z einszett Vinyl-Rubber Care & Protectant "Tiefenpfleger" Leaves maybe a hair more gloss then cockpit premium, but does have UV protection.

By far the 2 best interior products that I have ever used.

Wood trim got ZAIO.

Glass cleaned with IG.

Back to the paint:

KBM:
    Surbuf 7" pad/OG M105/PC6
    Had to wipeoff the M105 with IPA on this one.

Black LC pad/M205/PC4.5
    Wipes off very easy as usual.

Headlight plastic lenses where sanded down with Micromesh 6000 dry.
    Polished with:
    M105 orange pad PC6
    M205 black pad PC4.5

Tail light lenses:
    M105 orange pad PC6
    M205 black pad PC4.5

Straight IPA wipedown on all painted surfaces and 2 panels (hood and rt. rear fender) had 5 straight IPA wipedowns to ensure no filling was taking place.

Foamed with Zaino Z7 3oz and rest of 32oz bottle filled with water.
    Washed with 2BM and sheepskin mitt.
    Blew off water with compressed air.
    Dried remaining water with quality WW drying towel.
    ZAIO via PC to side glass and black trim.

Z6 wipedown
    2x of ZFX'd Z5pro applied to paint and side glass.
    Z8 to paint and side glass.

Front and rear glass was cleaned with straight IPA x2
    Applied Aquapel to front and rear glass.

Exterior gray trim and windshield cowl got 1Z einszett Vinyl-Rubber Care & Protectant "Tiefenpfleger"

Tires got Z-16 x2
    Wheels got ZAIO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice work, that's how black is supposed to look! How long did this one take you?

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks unbelievable! I noticed you used the Micromesh instead of claying. I don't have any experience with the Micromesh - what is it and how does it work?

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great work! :thumb: That's a nice 50/50 shot.

5. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Great work here, the Rover looks incredible. Every RR i see has nasty brake dust buildup on the front 2 wheels...im guessing they are similar to BMWs in their dusting habits. Nevertheless, that looks awesome

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Great job Bryan.

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

OG M105 as in, "Original Gangsta?" :lol:

I was recently introduced to the 1Z Plastik-Reiniger by DJ_JonnyV. Fantastic stuff. Looks like you've sold me on the 1Z Tiefenpfleger!

I know you couldn't get the wheels the way you wanted, but they still look great, as does the rest of the car!

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Came out beautiful!!!

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That RR was definitely beat up Bryan but you made an awesome recovery! Have you completely converted to the KBM? :)

10. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Looks great...Thats blacker than black...NICE...:thumb:

11. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Stellar work, but you already knew that. :)

All these KBM M105 posts of yours with nasty black cars have me itching to try it out. I've got a few (more like 5) full details lined up for the next week, I'm hoping the KBM can save me some time!

12. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Thanks P1et! I had approx 25 hours into this one.

Thanks 911! You can find more info on the micromesh here.

Thanks doc!

Thanks J Bell! This was the first time I had an issue getting all the brake dust off of a wheel. But yes very BMW like in the amount of dust they put out. I wonder how long its been since these wheels where cleaned properly.

Thanks Rocket!

Thanks MadOzodi! Yes these 1Z interior products rock!

Thanks Supercharged!

Thanks Denzil! The KBM expecially with the surbuf pads is working very well for me.

Thanks Buddy!

Thanks bigpoppa! Like anything different it takes some time to adjust to, but I like it.

13. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer

14. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

wow........ nice one!