2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (loaded with pictures)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

The vehicle:

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

To be honest I don’t know much about Subaru’s but this is a very classy vehicle. Has plenty of room inside and has a very nice appearance to it. The colour is a very sharp looking colour. The owner just purchased this vehicle and customer wanted only the exterior done, I enjoyed my self detailing this vehicle. Well on to the detail.

I felt a little strange starting with the wash as I’m used to doing the interior first, well I got my CR Spotless System ready

[​IMG]

This is the vehicle as it was delivered to me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see nothing out of the ordinary, just like any vehicle that gets driven around. Bugs, a bit of water marks but nothing serious.

Well I started off with the rims, tools to be utilized for the rims

[​IMG]
    Green bottle P21S Wheel Gel, red bottle P21S Total Auto Wash, various brushes and a bucket of water with soap to scrub the tires with.

First gave all the tires, rims and wheel wells a good rinse, then sprayed P21S Total Auto Wash on the wheel wells
    [​IMG]

Then sprayed P21S Wheel Gel on the rims
    [​IMG]

Making sure to get all the way inside the rims
    [​IMG]

Here is P21S Wheel Gel doing what it does best
    [​IMG]

Came back to the wheel wells and gave them a good scrub with my extra reach brush
    [​IMG]

Once the wheel well was done I moved on to the inside or the rims, for the inside I used my 2inch wool brush, making sure to get all the way inside the rim
    [​IMG]

Getting behind the caliper was a bit tough but with the help of my 1inch wool brush it was quite easy to do
    [​IMG]

Once I was satisfied with the inside of the rims it was time to work on the face of the rims, with the help of my Swissol brush I agitated the face of the rims
    [​IMG]

Then gave the tire a good scrub with my Meg’s tire brush
    [​IMG]

Here is what the tire and rim looked like when it was all scrubbed
    [​IMG]

Now it was time to rinse off
    [​IMG]

All the tires, rims and wheel wells were done this way. Once all the tires, rims and wheel wells had been taken care off it was time for the rest of the vehicle. I gave the vehicle a quick rinse first. Since the front of the vehicle was covered with bugs I sprayed Bug Squash all over the front of the vehicle making sure to concentrate on the areas were the bugs were located
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I let the Bug Squash sit for a bit wile I got the two bucket system ready. To wash the vehicle I used Zymol Clear Auto Bathe, Zymol sponge, Deionized water (from my CR filter) and two bucket method.
    [​IMG]

Since I was going to be polishing the vehicle I wanted to make sure that I completely removed what ever protection was on the vehicle so I sprayed the entire vehicle with P21S Total Auto Wash
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I let the P21S Total Auto Wash sit for a bit and began washing
    [​IMG]

Once the vehicle had been completely washed and rinsed off with Deionized water it was time to clay the vehicle, one advantage about wearing gloves wile working on a vehicle is that as you work on the vehicle you feel the body and I’ve noticed that with the gloves I feel the panels and I notice more and more how much contamination the vehicle has on it. It’s as though it makes the hand a bit more sensitive and feeling all the contaminants on the vehicle. Well the reason I say this is because as I kept feeling the vehicle out it felt as though it had lots of over spray on it. Then I remembered the owner telling me that he took it to a shop to get the undercoat protection put on it and some over spray landed on it. Having remembered that I used my red Clay Magic bar with Pinnacle Clay Lubrucant
    [​IMG]

Here is how I started claying
    [​IMG]

Here is what the clay looked like when I was all done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quite a bit of contamination I’d say. Well once the claying was done gave the vehicle a quick rinse and then with the help of my air compressor I dried the vehicle off
    [​IMG]

I finishe drying the vehicle with my Dehydrator Drying Towel

Once the vehicle was dried off it was time to tape it off and get it ready for polishing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got my Sun Gun out and it was time to see what I was up against,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A nice long scratch

Well nothing out of the ordinary just some swirls and scratches. Now it was time to pick my polish and pad combo. I had a feeling that my Menzerna 85RD3.02, Meg’s Polishing pad and Metabo would be up for the job
    [​IMG]

Here is the test area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Polished side

[​IMG]
    Not polished side

[​IMG]

You can understand why I favor this combo (Menzerna 85RD3.02, Meg’s Polishing pad and my Metabo)

So I had my winning combo and went to work on the vehicle, here are some 50/50 pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I had completed the polishing of the entire vehicle I gave the vehicle a quick rinse to remove any polishing dust, dried it again with the air compressor and with my Dehydrator Drying Towel. I was a getting hungry to went in the house for a bite.

Came back with a full belly and ready to go again. The owner of the vehicle wanted winter protection and wanted a sealant, for sealants I have my favorite Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and Jetseal 109. My personal choice is the Wolfgang Sealant and the customer was convinced on it so it was Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant as LSP. Prior to the sealant I applied Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, let it sit for a bit and then removed. Now normally the Finishing Glaze is not that tough to remove but on this vehicle I’m not sure why but it was a pain to remove this Finishing Glaze, to remove it I used my Tornado Buffing Towels but it sure was stubborn to remove.

Well finally managed to remove the glaze, now it was on the Wolfgang Sealant. I applied it to the entire vehicle and it looked something like this
    [​IMG]

The rims also got Wolfgang Sealant
    [​IMG]

I let the sealant cure over night (over 12hrs). To remove the sealant I used my General Buffing Towel, really like these towels.
    [​IMG]

Now for the end result

[​IMG]
    Just loved the way the rims finished off. For the tires I used Optimum Tire shine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I forgot to mention all exterior plastic trims received Black Again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oh yes, glass was cleaned with Stoner Invisible Glass and The Thief Glass Towel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a walk around the car video

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the detail, as always feed back is always welcome.

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Looks fantastic Carlos :D Love the reflections on the afters, the car look great! Thanks for all the pictures and the good write-up ;)

3. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Amazing job my friend, congratulations :cool:

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you pirex, compliment is very much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed it buddy. I would have loved to take pictures of the vehicle outside but it was dark out and the vehicle is a magnet to dust, not only that but I didn't really want to drive this vehicle around to much....respecting other people's property that's all.

Hey maesal, good to see you over here my friend. First welcome to Detailing Bliss. How are things going with you? Hope all is well with you and family.

Thank you for the compliment amigo mio, I'd love to see some of your details overe here buddy.

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Another great detail Carlos :D So you let Wolfgang sit overnight and then buff off next day? I should try that...

6. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

your one of the best!super nice!

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the compliment bro, yes I let Wolfgang sit overnight and it removes quite easy. I'm very pleased with Wolfgang and the end results are quite nice :D, I'm not a big fan of sealants to be honest but Wolfgang has wone me over.

Thank you for the kind words 02CAMSS, very much appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed the detail.

8. 89s1

89s1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

*drool*

Looks Very nice man, the full side shot with the 3 panels of seamless reflection is my favorite shot.

Keep up the good work!

9. 89s1

89s1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I should also mention that I agree with your glove comment 100%

rubbing a gloved hand over a soapy car will tell you SO MUCH!

10. DB Boss

DB Boss DB representative

Well done there Nica, the vehicle looks great.

Keep those posts coming.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the kind words 89s1, very much appreciated. As for the glove comment, I'm glad I'm not the only one that understand the feeling...I thought I was the only one lol.

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Oh yeah Carlos I'm gonna try the glove like you do, I'm guessing it's similar to the plastic baggie test?

I also love the WOlfgang sealant :) What can you compare its looks too?

13. Nica

Nica Banned

The glove, in my opinion, is just like the baggie test. You'll literally feel the difference during claying.

As for the Wolfgang..mmm..comparing it to something else..well kinda hard to compare it to something else besides another sealant. I've ordered a bunch of other products/sealants so I when I receive them I'll be able to compare it more. So far I only have Jetseal 109 and Wolfgang as Sealants and I'm very pleased with both. I still prefer Jetseal 109 on rims only though, not sure why lol just my preference.

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I'm guessing u're in love with the Wolfgang look on paint and prefer Jet Seal just on the wheels :). Have you tried Jet Seal on paint?

15. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Where did you get those little squirt bottles?

16. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Wow very impressive. I have been looking into getting one of these too....Choices choices!!

PS: We have to get together when all my stuff gets in. I have a feeling it will be soon. Chris had charged my credit card, but I haven't received shipping notification yet. So many new and special goodies!! I made Chris's life hard...but my cars will love me for it.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

I've tried the Jet Seal on a fire truck, it looked good but I haven't done a full vehicle. I should give it a try though.

You mean the Meg's bottles? I got them localy at my friends shop. I usually get a few dosens for my self :rolleyes: I've gone from just one or two items to ordering by the cases now :D....what I don't have a problem lol ;)

I have to admit this vehicle is quite nice, I drove it inside my garage and it felt quite nice...feels really sporty actually. As for the new products, looking forward to the pictures of the products buddy...oh yea we totally need to get together...I went over Crossroads place and it's wicked!!!! WE GOT A PLACE TO HAVE OUR DETAIL FEST!!!!!!!! ;) isn't that right crossroad :D