2007 Mercedes ML 500 (Bunch of Correction Pics)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Pooter, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Pooter

Pooter Birth of a Detailer

OK folks here is the story. 1st off the before shots are only of the interior because the damn batteries were dead in my camera when I got there and I decided to go ahead and wash it before I went home and got my charger. (My apologies)

This was a full detail with paint correction and due to the fact of only having a PC the total time took 23 hours solo over 2 1/2 days. 18 hours exclusively on the buffing, you will see what I mean.

Car for the most part was pretty clean, engine was dull with heat spots on the cover and there were some white ....something or other on the interior that I had one hell of a time getting off. No idea what it was and there were two spots on the leather that I could not get completely out.

I would say that I got out about 90% of all screatches/swirls and will tell you, this will be the last correction after the Shelby and this that I will EVER do without a rotary. I just ordered a Makita :graduation:

Heres the process:

CG Grime Reaper:
    Lower Body
    Wheels (agitate)
    Wheel wells (agitate)
    Engine (agitate)

Rims:
    P21S (agitate)
    Performed this three times inside of rims have never been cleaned. Had to be 1/2 of brake dust and grime caked on.
    Zymol Wheel Coat

Tires:
    Zymol Tyre

Wash: (Alway 2 Bucket)
    Zymol Clear
    Sea sponge

Dry:
    MF Towls
    Air compressor

Wheel Wells:
    CG bare bones (front)
    Back wheel well were felt board.

Engine:
    CD2 Engine Detailer

Interior Plastic:
    Cockpit Premium

Leather:
    Leather Master Strong Cleaner, Conditioner, Vital

Rubber Seals:
    Gummi Pflege

Clay:
    Sonus (Green Clay)
    Sonus Glyde
    Clayed Body, Glass and Rims (same clay bar, rims first :thumb:) just kidding:applause2:

Paint: (CC read good)
    18 hours of hell and I loved every minute
    All worked performed on PC
    LC Purple wool/SIP (x2 on some panels)
    Sonus SFX-1/SIP
    Sonus SFX-2 x2 (x1 SIP, x1 106FA)

Prewax Cleaner:
    HD Cleanse

Wax:
    Zymol Concours

as stated 23 hours let me know what you think. :thud:

Before interior:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After interior:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Corrections:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After: (Sorry no Sun)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all folks!!!

2. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Great work!! Thanks for posting!

3. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

great turn around there.. gotta love it!!!:applause:

4. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

wow simply amazing.. love when black car are detailed like that.. and props for using PC... i know it took you forever but its worth it..

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done but I feel sorry for you and your arms, doing an SUV this size with a hard clear coat with a PC is just asking for punishment lol just teasing Pooter.

On a serous note, that vehicle had some mighty swirls on it. You did a great job on turning the vehicle around though well done :applause: :applause:

Oh by the way I like the way you clay :thumb: :lol2: too funny lol.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Oh question for you, how do you like using the Sea sponge? I've been meaning to pick a few of these up my self but I keep putting it off. I'd like to hear your feed back on them.

6. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

well done Pooter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Pooter

Thanks Nica,

As for the the sea sponge, it is a PITA to clean them when you first get them because they stil have setiment in them, however, after washing them a few time and working them in a bucket for a bit, they are the softest most water holding sponge I have ever used and I have used several.

The only draw backs is their cost ($15-$20 per) and the 2-3 hours of washing time before using.

8. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Very nice! I'm glad you loved your 18 hours of hell.

9. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Good work!

Once you get your rotary and become proficient, you will cut your time in half on jobs like this.

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Good work. I admire your determination. I did an ML55 AMG a while back and it took me 4-5 hours of just compounding with a rotary. Sometimes MB paint can be as hard as nails...which is strange because a lot of MB's that I have worked on have been pretty easy to work with. ML was an exception. Great work!

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, I hear you on the price. I've never used a sea sponge my self but your feed back seems to be the norm. I mean the first time use, well I mean washing it several times prior to use seems to be norm but after that they are supposed to be great. Thank you for sharing that.

Another question, how long do they last? Approximently how many vehicles have you washed with one sea sponge? Hope you don't mind the questions but I've had my eyes on these spongers for a wile now and just keep putting them off for next time, me thinks it's about time I order at least one to try them out.

12. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Great work, and patience, very nice SUV:applause::applause:

13. Pooter

Carlos sent you a PM.

14. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

looks sweet, nice work

15. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

All that with a PC?! Man, you have inspired me :)

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

wow, with a PC? Thats sick! You would throw the pc in the wall after 4 hours, hehe. Great work Pooter!! THe car loos nice :D

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Pooter :peace: