2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Nera Edition-Paint Correction & C.Quartz UK

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Pro Corrections, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Pro Corrections

Pro Corrections New Member

I was WAY excited to finally break into the exotic world. This has been a huge goal of mine for years and it's my dream car! The car came to me looking very rough. It was covered in swirl marks, wash marks, contamination on the paint, and water spots. I chose to do a 2 step correction on it, some spots needing wetsanding, and followed up with C.Quartz UK. Here is what it looked like when it came to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I first started with washing the vehicle. A foam cannon was used with Shine Soap from Shine Supply to break up any loose top surface dirt. After the panels were washed, I mixed a new solution in the foam cannon with Shine Soap and Smooth Move for decontamination. I didn't show anything with the wheels and calipers, as new wheels are going on, and calipers are being painted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The engine was pretty filthy. I used my VX5000 steamer to safely take care of the engine bay area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The headlights and taillights were covered in an ugly, thick tinted film. We removed the film with steam and left no glue residue behind!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I removed all the rear grilles, and rear emblem to make polishing those areas easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All trim was taped off of course, and the vehicle was then clayed with a clay towel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test spot was done on the engine cover to determine what was needed to bring the paint back to life. The winning combo was Classic Cut and Classic Polish from Shine Supply. Meguiar's MF cut pad, and Rupes yellow foam were used on a combination of the Rupes 21 and Porter Cable polishers.

[​IMG]

Before shot, covered in water spots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before shot on the hood, yikes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before shot on driver side quarter panel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late night polishing on this Bull!

[​IMG]

Italian Vs. Italian

[​IMG]

After spraying down the vehicle to get rid of polishing dust, it was wiped down with Throwback from Shine Supply to remove any polishing oils before coating with C.Quartz UK

[​IMG]

Coating time!

[​IMG]

Coating starting to flash

[​IMG]

Interior didn't need much attention at all but I got a really cool shot out of it!

[​IMG]

I will let the final pictures do the rest of the talking. This was a pleasure to work on, and can't wait for many more in the future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking guys!
    www.procorrections.com

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

3. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I love these types! Though it is sad that the car get into that condition.

4. Chadwilliam1

Chadwilliam1 New Member

Very nice.

5. TFTADetail

TFTADetail New Member

Beautiful work!

It is a good feeling when you break into the exotics, no doubt.
    In all the years that I've been in this career never and I mean NEVER have I seen a Lambo so poorly maintained.

The tint on the lights screams cheap. Glad you were able to save it.