2007 GMC Rescue Fire Truck

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh yes, back in business boys:

2007 GMC Rescue Fire Truck

I haven’t done a truck like this, the interior is quite nice and the exterior looks like one of those trucks from Transformers.

Well on to the detail. Here is what I was up against interior wise:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see nothing out of the ordinary just some dust and some mod/dirt from the truck being driven back from the US. As always I started off with the interior and a full wipe down with some Meguiar’s APC diluted 10:1, here are some pictures of the wipe down:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is how the water mixed with Meguiar’s APC started off:
    [​IMG]

Here is the after of the same water:
    [​IMG]

Once I completed the interior wipe down it was time to dress/protect all rubber and vinyl, for this I used Meguiar’s #40.

[​IMG]

Here are a few pictures of the interior all finished off:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Even the floor got wiped down and protected. The entire interior of this truck was made of plastic panels even the floor was plastic.

[​IMG]
    See what I mean

[​IMG]
    Ooooh this centre panel is the one that always gets me, I want to press all those buttons and laugh like a little kid hahahahaha.

Well now that the interior was completely done and protected it was time to move on to the rims, tires and wheel wells.

Tools utilized:
    [​IMG]
    (Red bottle is P21S Total Auto Wash, green bottle is P21S Wheel Gel, Amzing Roll Offf, various brushes and a bucket of water mixed with Meguiars’s Gold Class Shampoo)

First started by spraying P21S Total Auto Wash on the wheel wells:
    [​IMG]

Then sprayed the rims with P21S Wheel Gel formula:
    [​IMG]

I wanted to let all the P21S work there magic and kept on spraying products, so I sprayed Amazing Roll Off directly on the tires.
    [​IMG]

Used the long handle brush for the wheel wells and gave the wheel wells a good scrub:
    [​IMG]

With the help of my Swissvax brush I agitated the rims:
    [​IMG]

Now I didn’t have to give the tires a good scrub but I did anyways, with the help of my Meg’s tire brush and the water mixed with Meg’s Gold Class Shampoo I gave the tires a good scrub:
    [​IMG]

This is what all that effort looks like when done:
    [​IMG]

This process was done for all the tires, rims and wheel wells.

Once all the tires, rims and wheel wells were done on to the rest of the truck. First of I got my CR System ready:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    000PPM, good to go :thumb:

Gave the entire truck a quick rinse and as usual the front of this truck was covered in bugs. Out came the Bug Squash:
    [​IMG]

Sprayed the entire front of the truck:
    [​IMG]

While I let the Bug Squash do it’s thing, I went and got my tools for wash of the truck:
    [​IMG]
    (Two bucket method, White ShMITT and Meguiar’s Gold Class Shampoo)

Now hoped on the roof of the truck and got to work:

[​IMG]
    For this area I used my black ShMITT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I went section by section, so I would scrub one area and then rinse it off

Well once the entire truck was done it was time to apply Duragloss 105, did it all by hand and a foam applicator. Let it haze and then removed with Tornado microfiber towels

End results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tires and wheel wells were not dressed on this picture but all tires were dressed with Optimum Tire Shine and wheel wells were dressed with Optimum Protection Plus.

[​IMG]
    Inner rear wheel wells also received Duragloss 105

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well hope you enjoy the detail, I sure enjoyed my self. Oh an this Duragloss 105 is very interesting, goes on quite easy and it removes effortless too. Will continue to use it to get a bit more familiar with it.

As always feedback, questions, concerns are always welcome.

2. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

very nice nica. How did it take you to do it??

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. This one took me about 7hrs.

4. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Awesome work as usual, Carlos. How did you find the rubber floors to do? I know before I had the mytee I ALWAYS dreaded doing them. i assume you just used the regular scrub brush?

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

awesome job.

You have to bring me along to one of these. I haven't worked on a fire truck yet.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Everytime I see a detail like this, I just stand still for a second and think to myself: that is a LOT of bits 'n bobs to clean and shine! Seven hours is working QUICKLY!

Supurb work!!!

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Man Carlos I sometimes wonder if you ever fall on the ground whenever someone wants you to detail the big boy toys :p...well I would lol. And I agree with you, I would wanna press all those buttons and see what they do. The truck looks really good :D

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

such nice work!
    Is the megs vinyl/rubber conditioner slick?

9. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Outstanding job on that beast! Love the wheels even without being dressed. What was all over the floor....te nasty white stuff? All of that work in 7 hours very impressive!

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed it crossroad, the rubber floor wasent as bad as I thought...it did help that the truck was brand new and who ever drove it stayed in one secton lol. I just used my Meg's tire brush and gave it a good scrub then wiped it clean with a microfiber towel and a bucket of water.

How do you use the Mytee on such floors? What do you do? Your going to have to help me out when I receive my Mytee...I need to learn how to use it. Well more like application methods.

There are a few coming, I'll give you a call when they get here :thumb: I may have a full detail (polishing a fire truck) when I get it I'll call you :thumb:

Thank you P1et, glad you enjoyed it. Seven non stop hours...I was moving as fast as I could but these things take time. I've done a few now so I got the process flowing prity good..man the first truck I detailed took me over 28hrs...man that was a long day :gasp:

No way buddy, the bigger they are the more fun you have..it takes time and effort but it's all good. Glad you enjoyed it klumz :thumb:

Thank you FMINUS, glad you enjoyed it. As for Meg's, yes it is slick...sometimes I think to slick but it finishes off so well that I keep using it :thumb:

Thank you Rocco, glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

Yea sorry about the tires and wheel wells not being dressed :confused: I must have been getting tired :whistle:

As for the nasty white stuff...it was mud, sand...combination of both..luckely it wasen't stuck on to hard and it come off quite good. Yea seven long hours :chris:

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Nica you are the "Chief" of firetrucks! That is an awesome detail and I love all the pics of the process. I almost feel like I was there!

12. Divine Detail

My baisic steps with the mytee and the rubber is a) I spray the solution all over the floor b) quick scrub c)I run the mid size head over the floor to suck the water up. Saves on having to always wring out the micro towel, a lot less hands on work as well. Not to mention in the winter, getting all that water up is really important.

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Well thank you my the compliment but no where near a chief heck I'm just trying to keep up with the rest of the detailers here :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed the detail and that you didn't find the post long and borring :thumb:

Oooh good point...nice tips thank you for sharing...I totally know what you mean about wringing out the micro fiber towel lol..that's what I was doing hahahahaha.

Thanks for sharing buddy :thumb:

14. Divine Detail

Welcome, chief

15. richy

richy Guest

Nice job there, bud!! Was that your detailing rig next to it with the 800# on the side? I'm glad to see you enjoyed the DG. It took me a while to learn that you don't have to spend a lot of $$ to get a high quality product..I'm in love with that line.

16. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

looks great, im glad you had another one to do. I love the fire truck write ups. They are fun to read

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you richy, glad you enjoyed it my friend. hahaha no that's not my detailing rig hahaha that thing is masive inside I'll bet that my Volvo could fit in it hahahaha. Yea DG is something else, I have so many question on how to use it though..felt like a kid in a candy store not sure what to use hahahahaha. I may need your help with this line...well you and anyone else that would like to shae tips on it. I'll keep using it, the gloss was something else and the owner of the shop noticed it too :thumb:

Thank you Calgary, glad you enjoyed it...I've been waiting for this one to arrive..hopefully more coming too :headbang:

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

A fire truck, huh? Looks great!

19. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Did the Megs protectant make the floor slippery?

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you super :thumb:

Nope, I wiped majority of the Meg's #40 some was still there but not enough to be slippery...well at least I didn't think it was slippery...if any fireman fall and hurt them selves I'm sure I'll hear about it :giggle: