2006 Suzuki 750 Full Detail!!!

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Calogero, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Calogero

Calogero Two Bucket System Washer

It had never been washed or waxed since he picked it up from the dealer. There was still some wax residue on some parts of the body. Not cool.

Products:

NXT Car Wash
    Clay Kit
    M80
    M83
    M66
    M07
    M21
    Hyper Dressing
    W-8006
    Foam Applicator Pads
    Supreme Shine MF's
    Multi Piece Wheel Cleaner

M39 and M40

Process:

So let me explain. The process was not your normal process as you'll see.

Wash with NXT Car Wash Soap
    Clay
    M80 with W - 8006
    M83 with W - 8006 and by hand
    M66 with W - 8006 and by hand
    M07 by hand
    M21 by hand

After the wash and clay I inspected the surface and found it was covered with swirls. So I thought out my plan of attack and went at it. I was hoping to only have to use M80, as usually its good for most jobs. However, I wasn't getting the results I wanted with M80, even after a two-three passes. So I bumped it up to M83 and started getting the results I wanted and those swirls were quickly going away. And although I'd usually follow with something like M80, I didn't. After two passes of M83, I followed it up with M66 because the black was so scratch sensitive. It was hard for me to wipe off the product without putting more swirls in.

After I finished that I put on a nice thin coat of M07 for added richness and shine which was exactly what I was going for and exactly what I got. I was so happy using M07 this time as I got the results I wanted. I followed that up with M21 and got some, in my opinion, AMAZING RESULTS that I'm totally happy with.

All non painted surfaces, hoses, tubes, were cleaned with M39 or M40 and then dressed with Hyper Dressing 6:1.

Wheels and rims were cleaned with soap and water and Multi Piece Wheel Cleaner with a Supreme Shine Microfibre.

I did not dress the seat, or tires as we all know its too dangerous to do that. <br />

Start Time: 1:00pm
    End Time: 4:45 with some breaks in there for me to set up on my garage, and organize it etc...

Now here are the pics for you.

BEFORE

[​IMG]

Look at those swirls. It was a brand new bike.

[​IMG]

The bike was super dirty. The pictures don't do it justice in showing how dirty it really was. The tires, wheels. Dirty.

[​IMG]

Gotta love the swirls.

[​IMG]

Here is the trunk lid. This was a pain to deswirl. Took me a long time to achieve the results I wanted and eventually got.

[​IMG]

Swirls were everywhere. Poor Bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tape wasn't sticking on this day. It was making me mad. It looks sloppy and that makes me mad too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Bike Window!

[​IMG]

Bike Window Product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER BUFF N STUFF DETAILING!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

What a Beauty she is!!!

[​IMG]

One sweet bike!!!

[​IMG]

Swirls be gone!!! Remember how bad the tank was!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess this shot!!!

[​IMG]"

The Infamous checkered flag on my wall!!! The gas tank!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saying thank you to Meguiars Canada for the support!!!!!

[​IMG]

The End,
    Thanks for looking,
    Buff N Stuff Detailing
    Calogero.

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Nice! any tips on detailing motorcycles? How is it different from a car?

I think ive turned down over a dozen requests for bikes because Ive never done one and I didnt want to "experiment" on a paying customer.

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

cool bike, it looks awsome

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Man that is the first bike that has been posted here very nice turn around...okay how in the world does a bike get buffer trails? I can understand the swirls but the buffer trails that's just plain :crasy:

That was one heck of a job and I enjoyed the write up as well :applause2:

Thank you for sharing :peace:

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Wow all by hand that's amazing. Great work :D

6. Z06-Goose

Z06-Goose Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow! great job man! :thumb:

7. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Birth of a Detailer

Really looks good.

Have you ever used that plastic x with a machine on something like car head lights?

8. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

Wow, amazing turn around. Great job. I too am interested how different it is to detail a bike like that vs. a car.

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is one detail I have not done yet, looks to be quite time consuming! Beautiful work!!!

10. Calogero

Calogero Two Bucket System Washer

The bike was brand new. He had just gotten it a couple months back and wasn't really driving it but when he did it was for long periods of time and by that I mean days at a time. Then it would sit for weeks etc...

So the swirls were coming from the constant moving on the tank when he was adjusting while riding. Buffer trails - well those are unexplainable unless I say that those aren't really buffer trails but more of constant rubbing with jeans etc...

No. When I use Plast-X it is always by hand. I have the small pads for it from Lake Country but have never used them for head lights or windows on bikes.

I feel by hand I have more concentration and strength when using this product.

To be honest with you, its really no different the way I approach a bike to a car.

Its the same process, just different product.

I first assess the bike/vehicle and see how best to tackle it.

Do I cover anything you might be wondering?

No I do not. I don't feel the need. Now if this was a 1960 Harley or older bike, I may, but bikes are designed not to get water logged just in case you just stuck in the rain while out riding. So really there is no need. And besides, its not like I'm using a power washer to wash it or rinse it. I have a fireman's nozzle and just use the fan setting or the straight setting when doing the tires/wheels.

Doing a bike just requires a little more attention to detail so it has smaller parts. Well I shouldn't say attention to detail but rather more meticulous work. I mean when you're working around the chain trying to clean the wheel you need to watch you're not getting oil on you and taking it off the chain etc...

The wheels I just wash and clean really well. Tires, same thing. I don't dress the tires or the seat. Two things you should never do on a bike. If the owner wants to, well he/she can go do that by all means. I personally won't just in case something else when they're riding.

For all those that have passed up bikes to detail, I say GO FOR IT!

Next time you're offered one, take it. Charge the guy/girl, half price what you normally would charge and try it out. Experiment with different products to see what is working and what is not working i.e. M80 v. M83 v. Scratch-X and so on.

That's all I did. After a while you'll get the hang of it and the feel for the bikes and you'll be doing them in no time.

Hope that answers all your questions.

All the best.

Calogero