2006 Mercedes G55 w/ Brabus goodness...

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by P1et, Nov 1, 2009.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Hello WORLD,

I had the pleasure yesterday to detail this rare G55. It was bought earlier this year by the current owner, and frankly, had probably never been detailed. Upon close inspection, it was evident poor washing technique was the culprit: many small scratches, but also many more deeper RIDS. The lack of hologramming made me suspect it had not been attacked by a hack detailer, which was nice.

If the G55 wasn't exclusive enough, how about the 22x10 Brabus Monoblock VI wheels? Stunning, and they suit the vehicle wonderfully.

Let's just say that this truck showed me who was boss. We had decided on a one-step process to keep the time worked within a single day. The final decision was PO203S on a green Uber pad and even with multiple hits in some locations, I think we finished at about 85%-90% correction. At the next visit, I'll hit some spots with M105 or SIP and see if I can put a dent in it. With the odd angles off this vehicle, many spots had to be polished by hand. Total work time was 8 hours.

Enjoy, because I most certainly did.

PS: Hat off to the customer, who came and hung out the last hour or so and started helping me finish the vehicle. The G arrived with the spare removed, and when we mounted it after polishing the rear deck lid, he grabbed the Flex and went to work! It's a pleasure to work for someone who knows what they are talking about, and enjoy the process.

1) Pre soak lowers with Duragloss #471
    2) Wash with CG Citrus Wash 'n Gloss
    3) Clay with Zaino clay
    4) Dry with Sonus Der Wunder waffle weaves
    5) PO203S with green Uber pad on the Flex DA
    6) Zaino Z1
    7) Zaino Z5
    8) Zaino Z2
    9) Zaino Z8 wipe down

- Wheels got P21S, and tires Z16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:whistle:

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

very nice !!!!! thanks for sharing

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet MOTHER!!!

This is the vehicle I originally wanted to purchase before I went with my GX470, even now I wish I would have gone ahead with the purchaser of the G55...but any who great, great turn around P1et :applause: I simply love the history, shape, curves, body lines...ect..ect..ect..about this vehicle.

But boy I wish you'd take more pictures, I know, I know it's not that easy...but still :whistle:

4. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Love the pics P1et. Great work on that one :thumb:

5. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

great job done

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Great work mate! That car is SO COOL! I love it :D

7. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

[​IMG]

what is this? it looks cool!

nice pictures as well. i wish i had somewhere like that to move my finished cars!

8. jorge

jorge Virgin Detailer

What a car!
    What a Work!!!!:worship2:

9. cnut

cnut Guest

Very nice g-wagon! Great job! The wheels do compliment the vehicle very well.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Great job on the g-wagon! That is a lot of black on that truck and every inch of it looks dripping wet!

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you are one lucky MicroFiber!!! Dude, I feel jelous already! I love this G-class, I think Germans call it GallenWagen, I cannot remember though...
    Awesome work on it!!!

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Awesome job! :applause2:

13. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Looks great! That's an interesting groove pattern in the rotors... and I wanna see the engine bay :D

14. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

i kno u use meguiars wax ..niiiiiiiiiccccee!!!

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great job. Looks fantastic. One of my clients had one as well. Great truck. PITA to detail.

16. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great job...saw this posted on 6speed. Your client was very happy!

17. P1et

Thanks!

It's a fantastic car, and quite rare. Built like a tank as well! I know, I need to start taking more "during" photos, but once my hands are wet or covered with some polish or wax, I don't want to touch my camera anymore. I need an assistant.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks Ketil! Perhaps next time some Insignis???

Thanks! The picture is of the front indicator, you can lift the cage that protects it up. Makes it easier to detail around there.

Thanks!

The wheels, although quite pricey, are perfect for this Mercedes.

Thanks!

Thanks! They call this the Geländewagen, everyone else the G-Wagen for short!

Thanks!

I think they are stock AMG wheels, and I think he needs them considering the weight of this vehicle along with the larger wheels. Engine bay was wicked, should have taken a few pics!

Yep!

Thanks Ken, they are quite difficult to polish and this was definitely the most difficult vehicle I've polished so far. But once done, nothing like it!

Thanks Moe! He was indeed pleased with it, I'm looking forward to seeing it next so that we can get the paint to 100% correction. It'll take some time, but since it's not a daily driver, will be very much worth it.

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Very nice P1et! I agree, the wheels really do fit this vehicle very well.

19. richy

richy Guest

P1et..I'm joining the chorus here. Awesome job on a great vehicle! The wheels are a real nice addition to it too. What about that side exhaust? Very, very, very cool..is that aftermarket? I don't remember seeing that on one that's in my neighbourhood?

20. P1et

The exhaust is AMG, I assume that comes with the G55 package? It has dual exhaust on both sides, and let me tell you: it's LOUD!!! Sounds fantastic!!!