2006 Lexus GX 470

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

This is my own vehicle. It’s fairly new and it’s the first time I give it a full detail. The vehicle:

2006 Lexus GX 470

The interior required some attention, the exterior is in good shape so I concentrated more on the interior. Here is what I was up against interior wise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see nothing serious but I decided to go all out on the interior.

First I gave the interior a complete vacuum job with my shop vac. Once that was completed I proceeded to giving the interior a complete wipe down with Deionized water mixed with Zymol Clean Auto Bathe, after the wipe down I applied Optimum Protection Plus on the interior vinyl. For the Leather I used Lexol PH Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner.

Here are the tools I used for the interior:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of how the vents were cleaned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some before and after interior pictures.

[​IMG]
    Wipe down water before

[​IMG]
    Wipe down water after

[​IMG]
    Dionized water utilized for the leather cleaning before

After:
    [​IMG]
    And I thought the leather was clean in side my vehicle

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Once I completed the interior on to the rims. For the rims I used P21S Wheel Gel, P21S Auto Wash for the wheel wells, a bucket of Deionized water mixed with Maguire’s Gold Shampoo and various brushes. The following pictures will illustrate the process better.

The tools I used for the rims:
    [​IMG]

First sprayed the wheel wells with P21S Total Auto Wash
    [​IMG]

Then sprayed the inside of the rims with P21S Wheel Gel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then with the help of the EZ brush I scrubbed the inside of the rims
    [​IMG]

Then for the rest of the trims I used my Swissol wheel brush
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then scrubbed the wheel wells with the long brush and scrubbed the tires with Maguire’s wheel brush. (Sorry no pictures of this part). This process was done to all four rims/tires/wheel wells. Once everything was rinsed off and dried I sealed the rims with some Jetseal 109 and dressed the tires with Optimum Tire Shine. Wheel wells also received Optimum Tire Shine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Making sure to get as deep as I could reach

[​IMG]

The end results

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

After the rims came the engine bay. For the engine bay I first rinsed the engine bay
    [​IMG]

Then I sprayed P21S Total Auto Wash and gently scrubbed the engine bay. As you can see from the pictures not much to scrub considering the entire engine bay is completely protected by the plastic panels. That and I had already given the engine bay a really good scrubbing when I received it from the dealership. Well once the engine bay was rinsed off and dried I dressed the engine bay with Opitimum Protection Plus.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Now on to the wash. For the wash of the vehicle, I first rinsed the vehicle with Deionized water, then sprayed the entire vehicle with P21S Total Auto Wash. Let it sit for about 2 minuets and then proceeded to was the vehicle (two bucket method) with Deionozed water mixed with Zymol Clean Auto Bathe and the Zymol Sponge. I dried the vehicle off with the Guzzler towel and the Cobra towel.

The tools I used for washing the vehicle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On to the wash
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the vehicle rinsed off with Deionized whater
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had previously given the exterior a clay so did the bag test on it and it felt good so no claying or polishing was required at this point. On to the LSP.

Prior to the wax I used ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze. Applied by hand with the helpf of MF applicator and removed by hand with the help of the Tornado MF towels. Wax of choice was Victoria Collectors applied by hand and removed by hand with the help of the Tornado MF towels. All exterior plastic trims received Black Again, applied with a MF towel.

Now for some before and after pictures. Unfortunately when I completed the vehicle it looked so good that I didn’t want to take it out side, it could get dirty you know. How ever, my garage has plenty of light.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    Oh I should have mentioned I took the family on a weekend get a way and I didn’t like seeing the vehicle dirty

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

I can’t say the transformation was drastic of the exterior certain areas were for me. here are some random reflection pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion/observation:

I’m pleased with all the products I used on my vehicle and I was impressed with the overall appearance of the vehicle at the end. Oh by the way the next day I had to take my Lexus out of the garage for the next vehicle and it started to rain, never fails huh….but I managed to get some beading pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and this is one of the reasons I picked this vehicle

[​IMG]
    The head lights and the front end really got me.

As always any feed back/comments/questions good or bad are always welcome.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

loos great nica. Looks like you did a great job as ussual

3. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice writeup buddy, and love all the pictures! Oh, got a new camera? looks that way :D

The leather came out really good, looks brand new. Very nice! You got the eye for details ;)

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Thanks buddy, means a lot to me. Glad you approve of it :D

Glad you enjoyed the write up bro, as for pictures well you know me and my triger happy finger hahahahaha...oh shoot that reminds me I forgot to worn people about the large loads of pictures I'll have to remember for the next one.

Oh and the leather turned out wicked, glad I listened to Chris when he recommended this project. Works wicked, I just need to get a gallon of this stuff now :D you know me and purchasing things in bulk now hahaha.

Glad you enjoyed it pirex oh and no not a new camera, a good friend of mine has been giving me some pointers on how to take better pictures and so far so good, hopefully soon I'll upgrade my camera ;)

oh by the way wait till you see what's next, I just got to post it up bro your going to love it ;)

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Looks like i need to order those Optimum products, they just look fantastic!

I need to order myself some of that lexol conditioner spray. It looks so much faster than the little bottles they used to come in. The cleaner IMO isn't that great, but I have never found a better conditioner.

:D Are you looking at the Rebel XTi? I have my eye on it, and it looks like an amazing camera. Ohh so many things to spend money on, so little money.

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Carlos, on the leather, did you use water mixed with the lexol leather cleaner, or sprayed the seats with the cleaner and scrubbed with sponge and water?

7. Nica

Nica Banned

I have to admit I'm very pleased with the Optimum products I got so far. As for the Lexol, I agree the conditioner is incredable, the cleaner not to bad but it's only the second time I used it so I think the more I use it the better opinion I will have but the conditioner leaves the leather really good. I'm happy with it. Oh as for the camera, yea I'm looking at the Rebel xTi my friend recommended it...lol...I've been spendong more then I would want to admit hahahaha :D

The Lexol Leather cleaner what I did is I would wet the applicator/sponge and then I would apply the leather cleaner on the damp applicator/sponge and work it in to the leather. I thought my leather was clean, seeing as I hardly drive the vehicle but it cleaned it up quite well.