2006 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by The Guz, Jun 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. The Guz

The Guz Member

This was the memorial weekend detail. The owner of this truck is my brothers girlfriend. She was blown away by the correction work I did on my brothers 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix. There were lots of swirls and scratches as she takes it to the local drive thru car wash with the brushes. There are still some deep scratches that require more work.

Chose to go with an AIO on this one. Hopefully this will now get the proper wash treatment. My brother helped me on this one.

The interior was clean so it didn't need too much work. We gave it a vacuum, Quik Interior Detailer wipe down followed by an interior protectant. The leather received a cleaning and conditioner as well.

Final shots of the interior.

[​IMG] This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the interior was cleaned up we proceeded to the exterior. Wheels and tires first followed by a wash and clay.

I then proceeded to my test spot. AIO of choice was Meguiar's White Wax

Before

[​IMG]

After. 3 Passes yielded these results. Went with 3 passes around the entire truck. Used White Wax on a new Meguiar's thin foam cutting disc.

[​IMG]

Test Spot video

https://vimeo.com/128850044

Here's a before and after on the truck bed.

[​IMG]

After. Used a Lake Country Orange Flat Foam Pad

[​IMG]

Oxidation that was on the roof. Notice there is no clarity in the reflection where my brother is at. Put up a little fight but the clay bar removed whatever embedded contaminants were on it. Felt like very coarse sand paper.

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Much better reflection. The inside channels were cleaned by hand with a 3" Lake Country Cutting Hydrotech Foam pad that lost it's foam backing material. Made a good hand pad. Had to get Superman on the job to remove these embedded contaminants [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lower passenger side front bumper. The front of the truck has been repainted in the past.

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Various reflection shots as we moved right along.

Hood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some final shots of the truck.

Sun shots. White wax did a fantastic job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried out the new tweaked version of Ultimate Black (lotion version) on all trim as it's been tweaked to last longer. All trim was cleaned with D103 APC+ prior to being treated.

Just an example of the trim. The front cowl was the worst. All faded and dry.

[​IMG]

After Ultimate Black. I believe my brother gave it 2 applications to rehydrate it.

[​IMG]

Cleaned up the headlights as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50 of the polished up chrome tips

[​IMG]

The chrome grille got the same treatment.

[​IMG]

Products used:

Wash - Adams Car Shampoo in a 2 bucket along with Adams Car Shampoo a Foam Gun
    Paint Decon - Meguiar's D155 + Clay Magic Clay Bar
    Correction - Meguiar's White Wax
    LSP - Meguiar's White Wax + Meguiar's D156
    Pads - 5" Burgundy Foam Cutting Disc, 5.5" Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Foam Pad, 3" Burgundy Foam Soft Buff Pad
    Tools- Meguiar's MT300, Harbor Freight DA (Bros Tool), PC7424XP (dedicated 3" pad)
    Tires - Meguiar's D143, Endurance Tire Gel
    Wheels - DUB Wheel Cleaner, Meguiar's Brake Dust Barrier, Center caps polished with Meguiar's Fine Cut Metal polish and sealed with Wolfgang Concourse Metal Sealant
    Tips - Meguiar's Fine Cut Metal Polish, Wolfgang Concourse Metal Sealant
    Glass - Clayed and sealed with Rainx
    Interior - Meguiar's D149 QID, Meguiar's New Car Scent Protectant, Meguiar's Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner, Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner, Meguiar's M205 + D156 Piano Trim
    Headlights - Meguiar's Perfect Clarity Coating, Meguiar's 1000 grit and 3000 grit unigrit pads
    Trim - Meguiar's D103 APC+, Meguiar's Ultimate Black

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job and with an AIO.

3. The Guz

The Guz Member

Thanks.

4. TFTADetail

TFTADetail New Member

Beautiful!

5. The Guz

The Guz Member