2006 Dodge RAM 1500

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

I had my work cut out on this truck.

2006 Dodge RAM 1500

Owner wanted a full detail. So I started with the interior. First I vacuumed the interior and then gave it a good wipe down with Meg’s APC mixed with water (1:1). All vents where cleaned with the help of my Swissol brush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then proceeded to remove a bunch of stains on the carpet with my Little Green Machine. When the carpet and seats had been completed I protected the interior with Meg’s #40. Here are some before and after pictures:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

The interior of this truck took me 3hrs but I was pleased with the results. Once the interior was done I moved on to the engine bay.

I got my CR Spotless filter ready
    [​IMG]

I first covered delicate areas of the engine bay and gave it a quick rinse. Then covered the engine bay with P21S Total Auto Wash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Agitated with my brush:
    [​IMG]

Rinsed the engine bay off and moved on to the rims:

[​IMG]
    Tools utilized for the rims/wheel wells and tires were as follows. Green bottle (P21S Wheel Gel), Red Bottle (P21S Total Auto Wash), various brushes and soap and water mix to give the tires a good scrub.

First sprayed the wheel wells with P21S Total Auto Wash
    [​IMG]

Then sprayed P21S Wheel Gel on the rims
    [​IMG]

Making sure to get deep inside the rims
    [​IMG]

I let the Wheel Gel sit for a bit
    [​IMG]

Cam back to the wheel wells and agitated with my long reach brush
    [​IMG]

Once wheel well was done I came back to the rims
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    With the help of my EZ brush I made sure to reach all the way to the end

Then agitated the face of the rim with my Swissol brush
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gave the tires a good scrub with me Meg’s tire brush and the help of the water and soap mix
    [​IMG]

Here is the tire all scrubbed
    [​IMG]

Ready to be rinsed off
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This process was done to all rims/tires and wheel wells. Once all rims were taken care off I moved on to the rest of the vehicle. Used the two bucket method with the help of my white ShMITT and Meg’s Gold Class Shampoo
    [​IMG]

Once the entire vehicle had been washed on to the claying, I used my red Clay Magic bar and here is how the bar returned from the battle
    [​IMG]
    This truck had lots of contamination on it and I’m glad the bar removed it all, bar was tossed. There is no way I’d use that bar on another vehicle.

Now to see what I was up against
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Truck was covered in swirls and some deep scratches.

Now I’ve done one of these trucks before so I know what I was up against and I had the perfect combo for this truck
    [​IMG]
    Menzerna 85RD3.02 with a Meg’s Polishing pad. Taped up the truck and let the fun beggin.

Here are some 50/50 (I used my Brinkman this time, forgot to charge my Sun Gun)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Sun Gun fully charged and ready to go, good thing because I was having a hard time adjusting to the Brinkman, not that there is anything wrong witht he Brinkman)

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    This area required two passes to get it looking just right

Well I was very pleased with the end results. Once the polishing was completed I moved on to protecting the vehicle. The owner of the truck wanted the truck to look wet, so I went with one coat of ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze applied with a foam applicator and removed with some Tornado Buffing towels. Then finished off with one coat of Victoria Concours applied by hand and removed with some more Tornado Buffing towels. All exterior plastic peaces were dressed with Black Again.

Engine bay:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    Engine Bay was protected with Optimum Protection Plus

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

End results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall a very rewarding detail, owner of the truck was quite pleased with the results. Black colour vehicles are very rewarding when detailed properly, I had a few neighbors come over and check out the truck too.

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

very nice Nica! The car came out great, just as a black ram should look :D