2006 Black Z06 Corvette

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by gmblack3, Apr 24, 2008.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

This one has just about 25k miles and is the clients 505hp daily driver for the last 2 years. The client is an avid zaino user and usually puts a coat of Z5pro or Clearseal/Z8 on every Sat. A little bonding in the garage is good for the soul and the finish of your car. :)

I started by foaming the car down with Z7 and my lance. I started washing with a sheepskin mitt using the 2BM and quickly noticed how slick the surface was. I must say this is the slickest paint that I have ever washed. After applying a fresh coat of zaino on our cars and washing them 7-10 days later, the surface is not quite this slick.

The wheels are always treated with some Z5pro or CS as well and where not that dirty. So a simple wash with Z7 carwash and a MF mitt was all that was needed. Wells and tires got cleaned with AM 777 APC 1:6 and a few brushes.

I then clayed the car with Zaino clay and Z6 as a lube while the car was still wet after the wash. I did not ask the client when was the last time he clayed the car, but this is how the claybar looked after claying the rear of the car. On just about every corvette I have detailed there is always plenty evidence of bonded contaminants from the rear of the car.

[​IMG]

After removing the Z6 with a pakshak WW, I inspected the finish and found these defects:

[​IMG]

I removed the defects with 2-3x and a few areas needed 4x of M105/edge yellow wool/1700.

I used a orange CCS 4" foam pad in the tighter areas w/ 70% M105 and 30% Presta 1500.

I then finished out with 3M ultrafina/ blue CCS pad/1700.

I washed the car with Z7 carwash to remove the polishing oils and dust.

I applied 2x of Z5pro followed by Z8.

Tires got Z-16.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One day I will learn how to use this Rebel Xt. :oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Great work, :yikes: wow thats some daily driver he has there.

3. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

wow nice!

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Great Job..the Black is real nice..thats what I like about Z5..it can give a waxed look to paint...not the sterile look...

I found that Fiberglassed panels attract more contaminants than metal panels...on cars and trucks..I wonder if the motion of the air crossing the panel creates a static charge and draws the stuff and they eventually set in the paint...

That Vette looks grand...you do fine work...

AL

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

WOW! Superb!

6. gmblack3

Thanks Smith! I would have a few more tickets if that was my DD.

Thanks Lance!

Thanks Al! I know the rear of the vettes always gets all the road dust on it . Just a short drive and you have a nice layer.

Thanks SC'd!

7. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Truly Amazing. I see most of your Zaino jobs you use Z5Pro. Are you not a fan of Z2Pro? Also no ZFX?

It's been a few years since I've used Zaino. None of the pro stuff was out, nor was the ClearSeal, AIO or Z-PC.

8. gmblack3

Thanks Mindflux!

Seems like most of the cars I do are blacks, reds, ect. So that is what I use Z5pro on. If I get a silver, gold or white. I would use Z2pro on those. I always use ZFX when applying more then 1 coat. I think I forgot to mention ZFX in this writeup.

9. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Beautiful work Bryan. I hope to give some Z5 love to my F150 Friday night... :)

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very nice job on the vette.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh well done vehicle looks great :druling:

What's wrong with the pictures? I think they look good...but then again I'm no picture expert...not yet that is :giggle:

Any who, I enjoyed the write up and the end results are very nice....I just love the sun reflection shots :cheerl: oh and the reflection of the trees is really nice too :worship:

Thank you for sharing with us :peace:

12. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Awesome job on vette. The depth is crazy! Best black corvette show and shine I've seen yet!!

13. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

speechless...

14. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Looks like theres holograms in the paint?

15. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

You have her looking awesome:applause:...That is one sweet ride....Thanks for sharing....

Have you had any problems with Megs 105 gumming up?

16. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

On the roof and hood shots? Or are those clouds?

Other than that, looks fantastic! :thumb:

17. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice work!

18. gmblack3

Thanks Pat! Let us know what you think.

Thanks Rocket!

Carlos, Thanks for your kind words. The problem is the operator of the camera is still using auto mode on his rebel Xt. :crasy: One of these days, I will get off my butt and learn how to properly take pics.

Thank you very much ehuth!

Thanks Tuner.

Just the clouds...

Thanks Sparkie. Sometimes it does, I try not to overwork it and always pick it up off the paint with the spinning wool pad.

Thanks MadOzodi! Yes sir just the clouds.

Thanks pirex!

19. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Stunning workmanship like always Bryan!..........:worship2:

20. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Wow do you really find it takes that much abrasiveness for that little amount of swirls? Guessing it's more of the hardness and deepness of the swirls.