2005 Whipple Supercharged Mustang GT - Anthony's Auto Detailing

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Anthony Onorato, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

A few weeks ago I got to work with an awesome and very accommodating client(most of my clients are good, but when you can spend an hour talking to the guy after the job...they're considered awesome in my book.) Being a Mustang owner myself, we had a ton of things to talk about and he had all sorts of good information for me. Just about everything on the car was upgraded in some way or another. It puts down about 500 to the wheels. Regardless, on to the job!

The owners main concern were some nasty marks he picked up from getting it handwashed at a (supposed to be)high-end car wash. They were DEEP and required wetsanding. Other than that, it was typical wear and tear. The vehicle had been detailed numerous times before, however this is one of the few times where a previous detailer didn't leave too much of a mess to clean up. There were no holograms or leftover sanding marks or anything of that sort. There was some medium swirling, nothing that gave me too much trouble. This color was awesome to work on, as it is the only year that offered "Sonic Blue" from what the owner told me...and the stripes were painted, not vinyl...and it made a WORLD of difference.

Products Used:
    Adam's Car Shampoo
    Adam's All Purpose Cleaner
    Adam's Glass Cleaner
    3M 1500 Grit
    3M 2000 Grit
    Meguiar's M105
    Meguiar's M205
    Chemical Guys Blacklight
    Chemical Guys Lava
    Chemical Guys V7 Hybrid
    Adam's sVRT
    Chemical Guy's Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray
    Adam's In and Out Spray
    ONR(clay lube)
    Adam's Clay Bar
    ONR(detail spray)

Here are some shots of the car during the initial inspection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adam's APC dwelling to soften/remove bugs and road grime:
    [​IMG]

Foamed with Adam's Car Shampoo and Adam's APC to strip the surface:
    [​IMG]

The condition of the paint:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After: (Don't mind the M205 not being totally wiped away yet, also the mark on the bottom left is actually a reflection of the garage)
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before: (Excuse the blurriness of these shots...I was having some trouble with my camera)
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

The mark the owner was mainly concerned about: (Forgot to get an "After" picture, but this required wetsanding to repair)
    [​IMG]

On to the finished product: (Again, my camera was acting up because of the Humidity so I was having trouble getting to to focus properly...so there aren't too many shots. Also, the sun was starting to set and it had just stormed, so I was not able to get any direct sun shots unfortunately.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Anthony Onorato
    Anthony's Auto Detailing

2. Anthony Onorato

Please delete the other thread, made a duplicate on accident!

Thanks,
    Anthony Onorato

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Sweet its looking awesome. Great job.

4. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

i could SWARE ive been to that guys house before, looks strangely familiar. Never saw the garage though so couldnt tell you forshure lol.. Sweeet job on the mustang, i didnt know you knew how to wetstand :applause2::applause2:

5. Anthony Onorato

If you were then you did Damn fine job with the audio...i enjoyed it all day hahaha

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

6. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

it wouldn't happen to be in mansfield township would it? (around the trenton area)

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

nice color on a nice ride. excellent work!

8. Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sonic blue was offered on 03-04 cobra's, some f150's and even the focus'. Not bashing you, but just sayin'. Car looks great without the swirls

9. Anthony Onorato

Thanks guys! As for the sonic blue comment...I meant for the S197, my mistake! I know they're also offered on the new Focus' as well, didn't know the F150's were sonic! Thanks for the info!