2005 Porsche Turbo S (Full Correction with Sanding)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by HUMP DIESEL, Jan 12, 2016.

1. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoyed working on this beauty. I will not go into what this car is, you guys know. I will go into the fact that the owner is a Porsche mechanic and he bought this car from one of his customers.
    Anyway, the PCA Carolinas Region meeting was this past Saturday evening, Feb 7, 2015. The owner asked if we could have the car ready to display at the meeting.
    I said sure! I wanted to get it ready so I could display my company to potential clients. We agreed to have it ready either Friday or Saturday depending on when the owner could pick it up. I was shooting for Friday to give any additional time on Saturday for final prep. Another aspect was that when we got it in, the wheels came off. The owner had a new set he was putting on, so this would allow us easy access to the inner arches and calipers.

Items used:

Megs 105/205 combo
    Megs cutting Disc
    Rupes Yellow and White pads
    Rupes 15 polisher
    Swissvax Concorso Wax
    3M Trizact 3000, 5000 and some spots with 1500 by hand

[​IMG]

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

So here is what we started with:
    Paint was in bad shape. The previous owner apparently took a brillo pad to the paint.

[​IMG]

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

Hood:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Indicative of the swirls:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheel arch Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheel arch after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After taking multiple paint thickness readings, the work begins:

Wetsanding of the full front clip as well as the roof, and spot sanding of trouble areas on the remainder of the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cutting stage after sanding. Note, we still have polishing to do:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is overall after cutting, the next stages are refinement of the finish:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine Bay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one speaks for itself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outside prior to moving into showroom:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Bruce,

Great job, great write up, thanks for sharing

3. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Amazing results. I want a 996TT so badly.

HUMP DIESEL likes this.