2005 Porsche Carrera S - Restoration/Full Correction (with video)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Well this detail took a while to get round to, soo many factors involved as not only did the customer want a lot of work carried out, but this was a decider if he kept the car or moved onto something else. It was a family members friend who owned this 2005 Porsche Carrera S and was asked to inspect it and come up with a plan of action. Turning up to the beautiful house i was not expecting to see a 7 year old Porsche in the condition i was witnessing. Both rear arches been damaged, from bumper scuffed and the bonnet had been attacked with a "brillo pad" (confirmed by the owner).

Here is the video i made of the restoration/detail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtc1jJL8mZQ&feature=plcp

Here are a few pictures of the bodywork defects:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As i detail and not do bodywork repairs, we sub contracted this aspect which we were very surprissed with the results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So onto the detailing side...Pre Detail pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Preperation stage (washing/decontamination stage)

This was done using Magnifoam snowfoam from Autobrite, Dodo Juice Born to be mild shampoo, two buckets with a Dodo Juice Wookie wash mitt. The alloys were cleaned using Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and various brushes, then the car was clayed using Swissvax Paint Rubber, Detarred using Tardis and final decontamination using IronX:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Correction Stage (Paint Depth Readings/Inspection/Wet Sanding/Correction/Refining)

During this stage many paint depth readings were taken over the whole car, gaving an idea of what panels had been original and others that had been re painted at some time in the cars history:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The majority of the correction carried out was using Scholls Concept S3 Gold, S17+, S40 with spot areas of wetsanding (larger area on the bonnet):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the bonnet which had been attacked with a brillo pad:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was then treated to 2 layers of Duragloss 111 applied via DA, and finally to Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid. The external Glass to Permanon Glass, the Trim to Swissvax Nano Express, Alloys to Wolfs Chemicals Hard Body, the Exhausts to Permanon Aircraft with results like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The interior was hoovered, leather steam cleaned, then cleaned and protected with LTT products, carpets were steam cleaned and protected with Gtechniq I1, interior trim was treated with Swissvax Quick Interior Finish and interior glass treated with Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The engine bay was steam cleaned also and treated to Chemical Guys Silk Shine Dressing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was probably one of the longest jobs i have done, and up there amoungst the most rewarding. The owner was over the moon and decided he was keeping the car for another 4-5 years as he couldnt believe the results :)

I would like to thank you for taking you time to view this thread

Robert @ Prism

2. Streetlife

Streetlife Birth of a Detailer

Nice turn around prism!:applause:

3. Prism

4. waynvision

waynvision Two Bucket System Washer

Exceptional Work, way to go!!!!:worship2:

5. rjd598

rjd598 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

really did justice for that porsche!

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

looks great. only thing i see wrong with it is streering wheel on wrong side lol. i hope customer knows lol

7. Prism

I think you will find its on the right side :p