2005 Mercedes E55 AMG

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well it’s been a wile since I detailed something, due to the resent move and unpacking and trying to get organized in the new house I haven’t had much time to detail, well I’ve been itching to detail something and break in the new garage. I still have lots of work to do in the garage but it’s coming, slowly but it’s coming together. Well a good friend of mine just got this vehicle and wanted it to look “presentable” the vehicle:

2005 Mercedes E55 AMG

First of all what a gorgeous vehicle :druling: :druling: I was fortunate enough that my friend let me drive it for a bit and boy does this vehicle have some serious horsepower WOW!! Much better then the Lexus IS-F :nod:

Any who on with the show, before I proceed with the write up. Regrettably this write up will be quite short because I was not able to detail the vehicle like my traditional method.

So first up a big thank you to Justin for helping me out with the detail, due to work being so busy at the moment I asked Justin for help and he was kind enough to come over and wash the vehicle and get it ready for me to polish it out.

So the pictures begin during the polish stage, the polishing stage went as follows:

Menzerna 85RD3.02 partnered up with a Black 3M UK pad, Metabo with 3M UK Baking Plate at 1500RPM. For the most part the vehicle responded well to this combo but it had lots of deep scratches but like I said my friend only wanted the vehicle to look “presentable” so this combo had to do :shakehead: Certain areas required two passes to make a difference, well here are some pictures during the polishing stage:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Here’s me polishing away in the new garage :cheerl::
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Passenger fender 50/50:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the same fender all polished out:
    [​IMG]

Here is a 50/50 of the trunk:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the bumper and all those hard to reach areas I switched to the small backing plate partnered up with a 4inch Ultimate Polishing pad, still partnered up with Menzerna 85RD3.02:
    [​IMG]

Putting the tools to work :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Passenger side tail light before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Well the polishing process went on and on for 5hrs to be exact and when I was done the vehicle looked “presentable” but far from flawless :shakehead: Well it would have to do because my friend was to pick up the vehicle in matter of hours, so I gave the vehicle a final wipe down with Menzerna Final Inspection.

Now it was time for the LSP, my friend didn’t care for the LSP so I went with one of my favorites Victoria :cheerl:

First the pre-cleaner was applied followed up with Victoria wax. The wax was left to bond to the surface, wile the bonding took place I had just enough time to take care of the exhaust tips.

As usual the exhaust tips received Autosol:
    [​IMG]
    With 0000 steel wool followed up with a micro fiber towel.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now I was able to read the AMG letters from the exhaust tips :thumb:

Well I was running out of time and buffed off Victoria with various Cookie Monsters and here are the end results:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well like I said my friend wanted the vehicle to look “presentable” and I did my best to stay within those terms…but to be honest it was quite difficult for me to let the vehicle go with just a “presentable” job. I mean this vehicle needed some work, had many deep scratches that I know I could remove by simply using a more aggressive compound combo but I made due with the time I was given, my friend told me that next time I see the vehicle it will be all pimped out lol :cheerl: I hope I do see this vehicle again :beg: I had a blast driving this vehicle around :cheerl: :cheerl:

Oh and by the way my friend was thrilled with the end results...this is the first time I complete a detail in one day..if you can call this a deatail :waiting2: :waiting2:

Well hope you enjoyed the write up, short one and not to my standards but what better way to break in the new garage :cheerl: :cheerl:

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

looks great!

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

w00t, new garage!!! Man that thing needed some work...you can see the brownish tinge in the passenger fender 50/50 shot!

BTW, does the new neighborhood know they've got a master detailer living among them? Nice job! :thumb:

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the feed back :peace:

Oh yes, new garage...I giggle like a litle kid every time I go in the garage..I have big plans for this garage :shh:

Yea, the colour was a bit tough to capture but the 50/50 pictures came through nicely. I was quite shocked the difference Menzerna Intensive Polish was making...considering it's a Merc and it has the ceramic clear coat :thumb:

Oh the neighbors noticed my operation lol..I'm trying to keep a low profile but some of my enighbors as they drove my slowed down to stare at the vehicle...now i wasent sure if they were looking at the vehicle it's self of how clean it was...mind you I can make it look better but even so the vehicle it's self is very easy on the eyes.

As for me being a master...no, not quite there just yet, I still have a long way to go...lots to learn, lots to master..but slowly I'm learning :peace:

Thank you for the feed back :chest:

5. Crossroaddetail

Crossroaddetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good to see you got it done, to be honest I was hoping there'd be something left for me after I got back from school :). The new garage is great, I can see how awesome it will be once you get finished with it. The new house a beatiful, congrats, mate.

So.....when are you picking one of those E55s up? :p

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice job considering how pooched the paint was. The pic of you polishing the rear bumper shows how poor the paint is quite well. Nasty! I had to do a "thats good enough" job today as well. Its blue as well buddy, just for you!

7. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great job Carlos. I really need to try Victoria.

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Wow you can make a quickie look phenomenal!! Great job and I will admit that I was a little disappointed myself when I read that you weren't doing this thing up Carlos Style! Oh and that is one beautiful piece of machine, a sweet sweet ride.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

To be quite honest Carlos, this vehicle looks like it's more than "presentable" after looking at those sun shots. Great job and maybe you'll have more precious time to spend on that vehicle, hehe.

10. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice work Carlos, the car looks good! Interesting garage, I feel you should have taken more pictures :D

11. What an interesting color... and great general 'clean-up' of the surfaces! :picture:

12. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Concrats on your new house Calros. We're going to miss the blue garage with all your lighting. Very nice job on the E55.

13. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Nice job! You better get your new garage floor down before it gets all waxy! :)

14. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Nice work Carlos!!!

Congrats on the new house

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Good to se eyour all moved into the new house. Even though this was not a Nica standard detail it came out great. Sometimes you just need to give the customer what they want and be happy you made them happy lol. Great job

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

awesome work, Nica!!!

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very nice Nica

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Such a nice car, amazing! Is that at the new house you detailed?

19. Crossroaddetail

Crossroaddetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Someone about my size didn't have a camera to take images prior to carlos getting his greedy little polishing hands on it!! :) I appologize :p

20. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

:applause: Beautiful job my friend.....
    Congrats on the new house.....
    :applause: