2005 Land Rover LR3

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Sizzle Chest, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

2005 Land Rover LR3
    Java Black
    105,000+ miles

My client wanted to have his son’s LR3 taken care of. The vehicle just came back from Wyoming while he was working on a dude ranch for the past few months. You could tell from looking at the vehicle that it was rode hard and put away wet! The good doctor @ Autodermatology was about to take care of that in the operating room!
    Upon delivery/receipt of the vehicle it was obvious that it was used as a work vehicle. It was also a little, well, shall we say, abused. Yes. Major swirling, etching, light and some pretty deep scratches were prevalent. The interior looked like it had horses sleeping inside! Very dirty, the leather was pretty much shot…this vehicle was going to need new covers or the customer was looking into getting them re-dyed. I cleaned and conditioned them the best that could be done, I was receiving MAJOR dye transfer and they were just not coming out very well.
    I had some pretty good paint ‘thickness’ to work with, my average readings were around 7 mils, so I was confident that I could get pretty aggressive with the defect removal.
    List of goodies:
    Machines: Rupes LHR21 MKII, Rupes iBrid NANO long neck, Flex 3401, Griot’s 6”
    Wash: 2BW, micro-chenille mitt, Sonax Gloss shampoo.
    Clay: Nanoskin medium wash mitt.
    Pads: Misc foam, microfiber and wool pads.
    Compound/Polish: Griot’s Fast correcting cream, correcting cream, Adam’s finishing polish.
    Wheels/Tires/wheelwells: Adam’s deep wheel cleaner. Speedmaster brushes, misc boars hair brushes, Adam’s tire and rubber cleaner. Tuff shine brush. Adam’s APC.
    Tire dressing: Adam’s Super VRT
    Glass: Adam’s glass cleaner.
    LSP: Blackfire Wet Diamond all finish paint protection.
    Misc microfiber towels
    Interior: Pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner.
    Vacuum: Metro.
    I hope I haven’t left anything out.

Results: The majority of the defects leveled out after me chopping on them for a bit. All but the heaviest scratches, some almost down to the primer, were removed. Some heavy etching was also left and was not in the cards to be removed at this time. (These spots could most definitely use a little ‘grit’ (wet sanding) and I am sure they could be knocked down very nicely. –perhaps next time)

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the pics!

A few before pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

3. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Work/Progress pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]