2004 BMW M3

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by LC Autoworks, Apr 14, 2014.

1. LC Autoworks

LC Autoworks New Member

Detailed my 2004 M3 with 101k miles on it this weekend. Overall, the car was clean but in need of a little work for spring.

I decided to start under the hood.

Fairly clean, but lots of room for improvement.

[​IMG]

I used Adam's APC combined with several different brushes and even used my wheel woolies in a few hard to reach areas and blew it out with air and dried the remainder with some microfibers.

Much better.

[​IMG]

I then washed the entire car, scrubbed the convertible top and clayed the paint using an Adams clay bar.

Once I moved the car into the garage I taped off a few areas and decided to polish. I used my Flex polisher with an Uber microfiber cutting pad combined with Menzerna Fast Gloss 400 compound. It was German on German on German action :)

Silver isn't known for great "wow" results, but here is a 50/50 action after one pass. It's easy to see a large difference in the reflective qualities of the paint.

[​IMG]

After using the MF cutting pad I switched to a foam pad and used Adam's products to finish off the polishing step.

Starting to pop under the garage lights.

[​IMG]

Removed the license plate to find some nasty dirt/staining
    [​IMG]

Looking much better:

[​IMG]

Plate back on and everything looking fresh again. The paint actually changed to a shade brighter after the polishing.

[​IMG]

Along with the flex I used my PC with a 4" pad for the hard to get to areas. The 4" pads come in quite handy in the tight spaces where a large pad makes it hard to focus your efforts.

Once done with polishing, I topped it off with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant. Very happy with how easy the new formula is to use, great improvement from the old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once done with polishing I treated the roof with Raggtop protectant, dressed the engine with In and Out spray, and enjoyed the car's new look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice work! I'd be very scared to go near any sort of curbs with wheels like that.

3. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

well done! very sharp looking car

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter