2003 Black 50 Annivesary Vette

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by shadybreal, Dec 1, 2007.

1. shadybreal

shadybreal Two Bucket System Washer

2003 Corvette

One of my weekly wash customers who owns a used car dealership just got this Vette last week and wanted me to come detail it last Friday, but I told him to please let me wait until I got my FLEX. I also got some Menz SIP to give me the one to punch of SIP and 106. From the looks of it I could tell the car had visited the local tunnel wash numerous times.

I’m not the best photographer, and the befores don’t do this car’s condition justice. It had numerous swirls, water spots, and other scratches.

Befores:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I choose SIP and LC green pad via the FLEX. I spread the polish on speed 2 or 3, then work it on 5 and 6. I follow up w/ 106 and LC white pad via the FLEX. I really love this machine. It makes the poor PC seem like a little toy. My PC is now dedicated to applying glazes and LSP’s.

Half and Half shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After polishing I decided to go w/ WMF to add some wetness and depth. I applied it w/ my lil PC w/ a white EDGE pad. I locked in everything w/ Collinite 845. The owner was ecstatic, I however wished I could of done a little more correcting, but the paint was in severe shape and I’m not a rotary or wet sand detailer yet.

Afters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall I would rate the FLEX a 9 out of 10. It does take a little time to get use to working w/ it but it does a great job. The only thing that concerns me is how hot the metal housing gets after using it on speed 5 or 6. I currently have the red 6” backing plate, and look forward to getting the new 5.5” bp. If you’re serious about detailing the FLEX is a tool you need. I hope to use it more this week w/ some different AIO’s to see how it performs.

2. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Looking good!! Nice shot on the last pic :) That bucket is bitchin'

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hey shady that is some damn fine work there bro! Welcome to the Flex nation. I can tell you I used the Flex and Optimum Poli-Seal followed up by JetSeal today on a Silver Camry and it worked great! Can't wait to see some of your work with AIO's and the Flex. Man I can see why the owner was ecstatic you do some awesome work!

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

The vette's looking good :D

5. shadybreal

I've got a 2004 Ford F250 sitting in my driveway right now waiting to be cleaned. It's dark gray and the owner just wants a wash and wax, so I'll probably using Poli-Seal on it. What pad do you suggest? I was think white or green.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice detail there shadybreal :thumb:

The 50/50 pictues show the difference your making on the vehicle, well done. Thank you for sharing.

Now this heating on the Flex is interesting, look forward on further details :mounty:

7. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

great work. How'd you find the vette to detail? I always had a sore back after doing my dads...so damned low

8. JLs Detailing

I used the white and used speed 3.5 and occasionally 4 on some areas that needed more attention. It did an outstanding job and I was amazed at the dirt it pulled off the car!

9. shadybreal

I did a lot of bending and sitting to get all the paint polished.

10. shadybreal

3.5 worked well? I'm glad because I used 6 a lot on the vette and it got the housing really hot on the FLEX. Have you noticed it heating up?

11. JLs Detailing

Only thing I have noticed getting hot is the backing plate but I think that's because it is directly attached to the drive mechanism. I would think that on the PC or a rotary if you touched the piece attached directly to the drive mechanism it would be hot as well. But that's the only thing I have noticed. Did you have any trouble with the polish drying out when using speed 6?

12. shadybreal

It wasn't very hot outside so I think that helped a little w/ the polish drying out. The gray part that covers the gears would be too hot to touch after a using it on 6 for a while. The metal screws that hold the handle even got hot. I hope nothing is wrong w/ mine. I also noticed a weird smell like plastic melting, but didn't have any problems in how it performed.

13. JLs Detailing

No I haven't noticed the gray part getting hot but then again like I told you the other day I have not used it on speed 6 very often and when I did it was for a prolonged time. My 7 day break is coming up so maybe I'll get a vehicle that I can try speed 6 on for a while and I'll let you know.

14. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

sweet great work.

15. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Bradley very nice work..the Vette came out very nice and the finish is nice and wet looking....

you will eventually find the right combos for the Flex and then be really proficient with it...

AL

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

The vette lookes great Bradley! Very nice work!

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Goodness, that is some really nice work!!!