2002 Corvette Z06 M205 w/ RG55 on top

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by B.Prug87, Jul 29, 2012.

1. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 DB Forum Supporter

I wrote a similar thread this time last year doing a 2 step on my car. This year i just dont have the time due to a job change as well as other arrangements that i have this week so i stuck with a 1step to enhance the finish not so much remove deffects. How ever i was very impressed i was able to remove deffects with just m205 with a white lake country pad and my Flex dual action. I wasnt expecting to do so, so i didnt take pictures of that process plus my batteries died shortly after i started paint correcting.lol
    This is how the car started off after i pulled it out of my storage unit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First plan of attack was to clean the wheels. My go too wheel cleaner is Sonax. Smells HORRIBLE but gets the job done almost effortlessly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I let it dwell for almost a minute then all i did was rinse no agitation and it left the wheel about 95% clean. This stuff performs time and time again. This is just after rinsing
    [​IMG]
    Then i addressed the barrel part of the wheels. I dont have the tools to remove the wheels so i had to use a daytona wheel brush.
    [​IMG]
    Then i addressed the brake calipers with another favorite of mine. p21s Total auto wash(TAW). Smells VERY GOOD may i add.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next i wanted to remove the old tire shine(303 trim protectant) from the tires so i used Megs All Purpose cleaner from there detailing line. Warning do not breath in while spraying...dont ask me why.lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The next few pics are the finished product of other 3 wheels with the previous steps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now on to addressing the paint. I started out with my glimour foam gun. My solution consisted of 5oz of poorboys soap and 3oz of Megs All Purpose cleaner to help strip whats left of the LSP.Then went with the 2 bucket system with grit gaurds with CG Citrus wash and clear with a strong mix again to strip any remans of LSP.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then i rinsed the car off and brought out a new product i just recently purhcased called Tar X. It worked very well and removed all the tax spots in just 1 application.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I then dried the car off and pulled it in the garage as the sky got very dark. I hate clay baring a car but i felt it was necessary since i havent done it since last year. My go to clay is Megs mild grade clay and i used Optimum no rinse as my clay lube. To my surpise i had little to no contaminants at all on the paint. I was very shocked.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then i went on to use meguairs 205 with my flex Dual action supporting a lake country white pad to attact the paint. My first pass i used a tiny bit to much product but had very little dusting through out the process even with the high humidity. I have used m205 a few times and im learning the right amount of product to use and its getting easier to apply/correct/remove the more i use it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My battery on my DSLR died right after my first few passes so i put the battery on charge and it wasnt ready untill i put the LSP on. I wasnt really looking for much correction. The vehicle does have light-moderate swirling but i was more concerned of finishing the paint and making it more bright which is what i achieved.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now onto the best part and the whole reason why i was cleaning the paint to begin with was to apply my newly aquired Raceglaze 55. This stuff is very soft and all i had to do was dab the applicator pad once-twice and it coated it very quickly and easily. It went on very smooth and i was able to level it out on a panel very quickly. It also smells very good as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It rained the rest of the day so all i have right now are pictures of the vehicle inside which i no isnt what you guys want to see. Sun pictures show the real finished product.I am hoping to put on a 2nd layer today and maybe the sun will peak out for me to take more pictures but for now this is how it sits.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Cal looks great. Looks like you have kept the finish in top shape since you last correction.

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Looks good . Raceglaze 55 is a really nice wax

4. B.Prug87

Time for the sun pictures. Raceglaze 55 looks great on red!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. B.Prug87

Anyone else use RG55 before on red??I really like the look...being i took the pictures at 12noon the paint looks lighter then what it was...it was a very deep red in person but it was too bright for the camera and looks lighter