2 Step Process - Raven Black FR-S

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by cu2mike, Sep 29, 2012.

1. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Hey all, Mike here. Like the title says, this Raven Black received a 2 step process instead of the regular 1 step. It was in pretty rough shape considering how new the car is, but it had to be done to achieve maximum gloss.

It was compounded with a Festool Rotary + Buff & Shine orange pad + Scholl Concepts S3 Gold, then it was polished via my trusty old GG6 DA + Lake Country CCS red pad + Scholl Concepts S17+. Smaller sections of the car was polished with GG3 DA + 3 inch MF cutting pad from Meguiar's + European version Menzerna SIP.

Now it's time for pictures!

Before,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stopped mid compounding to snap these pictures, you can see my Festool on the floor next to me in the first picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up of the same spot as above

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prior to Opti Coating the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately by the time I got done applying the Opti Coat, the sun had almost gone down. All that polishing did create a really rich depth for the Raven when the metallic flakes aren't popping like crazy in the sun though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

O shit 2 step! good job Mike!

3. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Great job Mike! I'm digging the after pics too. I agree with you, the Raven paint is almost TOO metallic and takes away some of that glossy, wet look. Car looks awesome though!

4. cu2mike

Thanks Franki!
    Thanks Mike! My customer asked me if the car was suppose to "sparkle" so much when he saw it in the sun, I lol'd.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

More flake then a bass boat.......... looks good.

6. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I'm working on an Asphalt FRS today and it needs a 2step as well. :shakehead:

7. cu2mike

lol, thanks Baldy :p
    Ouch, have fun! :d