2 questions about this board.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by grease, Apr 5, 2009.

1. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

1st. Whats the 'thanks' system? Is there any benefit to thanking people, besides the compliment they get? For example, if a person has allready been thanked for a post, is there any benefit to them, by me thanking them again as well?

2nd. "Peculiar Items for Sale" Do you mean particular? Or am I misunderstanding the def'n of peculiar? I always thought that meant 'odd' or 'strange'. Purely for curious reasons. :) No flaming intended.

PS. What is the Photo hosting site of choice for this board? Is photobucket fine?

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Well it's just a way to let you know that people are thankful of your response and a way to encourage people to answer other's questions. It also is a means to find out who's information is more reputable when giving an opinion.

Photobucket is what the majority use.

3. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Exactly.

And the things for sale, I think he means that you can use it to sell things that don't have to do with detailing. Someone is selling DVDs haha.

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

[1st. What’s the 'thanks' system? Is there any benefit to thanking people, besides the compliment they get? For example, if a person has already been thanked for a post, is there any benefit to them, by me thanking them again as well?]

Basically by asking a question it does not mean that someone must respond, people give up their free time to answer questions.

If someone has done some research or is prepared to share his experience to solve a detailing problem you have, don’t you think a ‘Thank’ you’ is warranted (it was called ‘good manners’ when I was young, albeit quite some time ago).

Conversely if it’s too much trouble for someone to say thank you but selecting a box, think how much more trouble the person went to by adding a response.

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yep, that would be me, LoL. I figured I'd make the most out of my subscription, hehe.

6. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

It was a good idea, I'm gonna put some random stuff on there now haha. More money for detailing products.