2 Finishing Polishes you cant live without

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Cooter, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Cooter

Cooter Guest

What are 2 finishing polishes you cant live without. I really like Optimum Polish and Menzerna PO85RD. I really like how these finish out. PO85RD has really nice gloss to it. I really like topping it with Souveran on my car. I know it might be hard to narrow it down due to the different clears and etc. Just list your favorites.

Heath
    :detective:

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

FA and RD

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

My favorites finishing polish is PO106FF. Never tried PO85RD, never felt a need for it. PO106FF offers a little more bite.

4. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

PO85rd is PFM.

pure
    f'ing
    magic.

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I used P085RD for the first time Jan 1st this year. I used it after SIP. It sure finished out really nice. The gloss was really good with it. Topped with Souveran on half the car and MidnightSun on the other. It came out really nice. I just got some 106FF in the other day (thanks Dan) and hope to try it out soon.

6. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I prefer PO106FA and PO85RE5.

7. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

PO85RE5 and Ultrafina, and also 106FA.

8. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

where can you find the new RE5?

9. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

I think it's not available here yet as no one's bringing it in. With enough requests though I bet Phil at DD would do it for us--right Phil:worship:

Here's a link to Menzerna's product chart. You can see that RE 5 is between 106 and 85RD. http://www.menzerna.de/fileadmin/be_user/Dokumente/e_polish.pdf

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Two? I'll give you one: 85RD...

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Preach it brutha!!!

12. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

So far Ultra Fina has not let me down.

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

BO SELECTA!!!

14. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

85RD and Ultrafina would be my choices.

15. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

What I more like about RE5 is that it finishes like 106FA and 85RD but with less dust and it breaks down faster. And another important thing is that the residue is so easy to remove. I also like 3M 09376, nice finish, zero dust and the residue is cleaned easy with a QD.

16. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Im going to have to go with 106FF and 85rd, but I have a feeling that will change soon.

17. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

What would that be?

18. Todd

Todd Banned

106ff and Ultra Fina

19. DanPonjican

DanPonjican Birth of a Detailer

106ff and SYSTEM ONE X3

20. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Not to thread jack, but how do you like it?

I think I want to order System one and M105 and do a compairo on a black hood.