2 Bottles of 845 Shipped for $25

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Reflect, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Figures, I already paid top dollar for my 845...:shrug:

3. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

For those who may opt for this bargain, just wanted to add that I have purchased 4 items from this seller (4 different occasions) & his shipping time is lightning fast. I always got my stuff delivered within 5 business days, which is excellent for an international transaction.

4. Reflect

I'm going to have to request that you consult me before making any decisions from here on out.

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

O-Kay - Today is your day to watch me and I will check in from now on...Not to many people want to watch me anymore...:shrug:

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

ill check when i get home

7. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

Second that... I live about 40 miles up the road from him and ordered before his mail went out. Priority Mail arrived the NEXT day! Good guy to deal with.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

He's probably clearing out all the Harbor Freights since they are selling them for $9 a piece!

9. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

i picked up bottle of #845 for a co-worker from the same ebayer and he's telling me his #845 is thick..very thick like in a paste...what consistency should it look like...i told him to give it a vigarious shaking then let me know..are your bottles the same ??

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Mine is real thick too. I think that's the way it's supposed to be? I am still able to shake it, so I'm not too concerned.

11. trl2112

trl2112 Two Bucket System Washer

Shake, Shake, Shake, It will thin out. After you use a little and there is more air in the bottle, and shake it it really thins out.

12. P1et

Thick is not an issue. Shake it like a salt shaker. You will go from a blobby thick consistence to the BEST LSP you'll ever use! The beading of this product BLOWS Pete's '53 out of the water. Shake, rattle and roll it for a good 5 minutes, it will become nice and thin. One of the thinnest products actually that I have in my arsenal. I will do a review on it soon.

13. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

And once it has becomes thin and oily, then it becomes very easy to apply thin ... and if applied thin, it is an absolute breeze to remove. Very fine product. :thumb:

14. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

So i've heard Collinite is a long lasting wax, which one is the paste?
    i prefer paste waxes to liquid waxes, it helps me keep it thin

15. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

Collinite has two paste waxes: 915 and 476s. The Collinite website describes the difference between the two thusly:

"In terms of durability, the 476s lasts an average of one month longer than the 915. The 915 has more carnauba wax in the formula, and its finishing result is a warmer shine, and it is slightly easier to work with. The 476s is the most durable product offered by Collinite, which is why it requires a little more rubbing and elbow grease."

Most folks report they cannot discern a difference between 915 and 476s in terms of appearance. 915 is about twice as expensive as 476s, and if you have a Harbor Freight store nearby, you might be able to find a tin of 476s for only $7 or so.

16. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

17. joep

18. joep

thanks for the reply guys..

P1et ,i must admit you've been posting some funny stuff lately :thumb:

19. Reflect

Collinite has 'issues' with 845 and 925. I asked why they cannot make a large bottle of wax, and they said something about the wax congealing in larger sizes. Perhaps this equates to the problem many have with the thickness.

20. P1et

Thanks Joe! I try! Get ready for my review. I will try for it to be funny!

:chips: