1z spray wax and ocw

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by cleanfiend, Aug 25, 2010.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

i have ocw and love it, but i have always wanted to try out the 1z spray wax. how do these two compare?

it seems like when people ask about a spray wax recommendation, it almost always is optimum car wax that is suggested.

thanks

2. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

I used to use 1z, and just recently tried Optimum. The optimum is better. Goes on nicely, does not streak, smells better (smells great actually), and produces a deeper gloss and a very slick surface. 1z at times on my car streaked like hell. Not sure why. I have an imola red M3. I also use this on my wife's LR3 (black), and it really puts a nice gloss to the paint.

3. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

I used to use 1z, and just recently tried Optimum. The optimum is better. Goes on nicely, does not streak, smells better (smells great actually), and produces a deeper gloss and a very slick surface. 1z at times on my car streaked like hell. Not sure why. I have an imola red M3. I also use this on my wife's LR3 (black), and it really puts a nice gloss to the paint.

4. Amused

Amused Any Rag Vehicle Washer

OCW > 1Z Spray Wax in my opinion. Better beading, durability, slickness, etc. Since changing to it years back, I haven't looked back. I wouldn't mind other options though. But whenever I try new spray nubas I seem to always go back to OCW.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Went through 2 bottles and just ordered a gallon of OCW.

6. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

yep ive got 1Z used it once and never used it again - other than on door/boot jams sometimes

ocw is better

if you want to try another spray wax, look at Prima Hydro

7. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Been using 1Z spray wax for a little while now and honestly not a big fan. Love their cockpit stuff, but the wax is very streaky. Prima Hydro may be up next. Any other suggestions for a non-streaky spray wax?

8. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

prima hydro
    griots garage spray wax (not very durable but easy to use)
    pinnacle souveran spray
    wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant (my favorite, but cannot get wet for 12 hours)
    duragloss aquawax
    pinnacle xmt360
    werkstatt carnuba jett (a little more work than the others)

these are all spray waxes I've found that do not streak

(im a bit of a spray wax junkie)