1z question

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by michaeljbird, Jun 13, 2009.

1. michaeljbird

michaeljbird Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I absolutely love cockpit premium and the plastic and vinyl cleaner......do these products have U V protection, or do i need to top them with something else to get protection?

2. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

Cockpit definitely does. I love it too! :)

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Cockpit premium does have UV protection, therefore there is no need to top it off...

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

cockpit has uv protection. the deep plastic cleaner does not.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

CP rocks.

6. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

How does CP compare to 303? Why is it better?

7. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I prefer as matte of a finish as I can get.

8. supercharged

303 offers some gloss, and I don't want any gloss on my dashboard. I prefer using it on engine. Cockpit premium leaves absolutely NO GLOSS, leaving factory look.

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

303 has better UV protection than CP I believe.

10. supercharged

true, and you can just apply it on monthly basis and have enough protection, where with CP I use it every 2 weeks...

11. Darkstar752

Hmm interesting. I'll have to try out cockpit sometime when I have the money, I think 303 will work fine for now though, It looks almost completely matte to me, which I like, but it seems like it leaves really minor streaks sometimes.

12. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Is there a special formula of 303 that is matte? Never saw one yet!

13. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I might have to try 303... I LOVE #40... haven't even wanted to try anything else...

The rear window seal on the Mark VIII is notorious for rotting away from the sun... My Mark has a good seal still and I have been applying #40 to it every 3-5 days to keep it safe... yep, a little excessive but whatever...

14. Darkstar752

Weird :shead:

You wipe it off after right? I apply it with a microfiber, sprayed on the microfiber not the dash, then wipe it on, I use very little. Then I wipe it off with a 2nd MF. All it does is make the dash a little darker, the amount of shine is tiny.

I'll try out cockpit soon though, maybe do a side by side. I do notice it is kinda shiny on the engine, but I use it more liberally there.

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Just thought I would post the response I got from 1z when I asked them about cockpit a while back. As it has been said they have small amount of UV protection

16. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Yes, CP protects from heat, not UV.