1Z Cockpit Premium vs Cockpit Classic

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by acc1079, Dec 5, 2009.

1. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

Would someone please educate me on the differences of these two products. As far as I can tell from reading, the classic is suppose to be a little better cleaner then the premium, but I have not read anywhere where it says that it leaves behind protection like the premium does either.

I have had TREMENDOUSLY good results with premium, and the more I have used it, the more I have liked it. I am just curious as to the difference, if there is something else I am not seeing. Thanks.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

never tried Classic (because of limited availability), but I love Premium so much, I got a 10 liter jug!

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I have both, and I like the classic better myself. But i'ts very limited. just stick with premium, youll be fien with it.

4. Michael @ einszett

Michael @ einszett DB Certified Manufacturer

Cockpit Classic is a petroleum distillate based treatment while Cockpit Premium is a water-based treatment.

Both clean, have an anti-static finish and prevent fading due to heat.

Because Cockpit Classic is solvent-based, it will leave a sheen but it's not oily. Best way to describe it is 'dry oil'. Similar to suntan oils that leave a dry non-oily finish. So it won't attract dust or dirt. Good product but being phased out in North America due to environmental VOC regulations.

Cockpit Premium leaves no finish so the surface looks factory original.

FYI: The direct replacement for Cockpit Classic is Vinyl-Rubber Care and Protectant. It has all of the features plus strong UV protectants and it's water-based. VRCP can also be used on the exterior and has a strong resistance to water and washing so it lasts for weeks.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to contact us with any technical questions at support@1z-usa.com or by calling toll-free 888-719-4698.

Thanks!

5. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

Outstanding!!

It is VERY handy having the Einszett folks here to directly and accurately answer these questions. Really appreciate that Michael. Now I can go ahead and order the 10liter from Phil without any hesitations!!