1993 Cadillac Sedan de Ville mint

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by bigfoot, Mar 25, 2009.

1. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

1993 Cadillac Sedan de Ville

I did this car thanks to a referral from one of my neighbors. It is a 93 Caddy with 64k+ original miles and with no rust or anything! It is an amazing piece of machine, super stable and in optimal condition, just needed some TLC and a nice coat of LSP to add shine. I decided to tackle this baby a little strong to start removing some deep RIDS and the oxidation usually found on typical red-toned cars. I started this car on early afternoon and took my time, since the owner had no rush on having it back, but paid good! The process was the following:

-Clean wheels, tires and wheel wells with Dr. Mecanico APC, several brushes and dry with an old chamois.
    -Wash car with a strong concentration of ONR and clay while washing.
    -Clayed with Rightlook’s fine grade clay.
    -Compounded with Optimum Compound using an LC Orange flat pad with PC on speed 6 for 5-6 passes.
    -Hood received a 2 step with Opt. Hyper Compound and LC orange and Opt. Compound on orange flat LC right after it.
    - Then after compounding, which left everything LSP ready, applied a heavy coat of Natty’s Blue and left for curing for 24 hours.
    -Vacuumed the inside thoroughly and cleaned seats, dash and door panels with a 10:1 woolite/water solution and scrubbed off with a Meguiars Carpet brush.
    -Just before delivery, cleaned the glass with PepBoys Glass Cleaner.
    -Sealed the Natty’s with a coat of Optimum car wax original version.
    -Tires got Meguiars Hot Tire Shine and wheel wells received Meguiars HyperDressing 3:1.

So now, onto the pics:
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior befores:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the onto the process. I started with the wheels, and this was the result:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I moved the car inside to start the ONR’ing, which I took the time to clay at the same time I washed. Here’s the clay after half the roof
    [​IMG]
    The whole car was just like that, with the exception of the lower parts, where, as expected had more dirt than the rest of the car or upper panels.

Now, to the defects and lacks of reflection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, since I wanted to move ahead a little, I decided that soon after each panel was polished, it was going to be covered with a nice layer of Natty’s Blue, so, here’s the roof after polishing and waxing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here’s the hood with Natty’s curing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now, afters!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking

Joey

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Wow, such a large improvement there Joey! Thanks for sharing.

3. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Way to go...Looks great...Thats alotta paint...:thumb:

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Yes there was a lot of paint! That hood is huge! Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment

5. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Great turn around. I have the same car as a DD. Won't be keeping it for much longer though...LOL