1986 Modified Buick Regal

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by bigfoot, Sep 20, 2008.

1. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Here's a huge detail I did today, and believe it or not, it is not done as of yet! This is a street legal Regal modified for racing and auto shows, and the owner wants to sell it... for $6,500! Yikes! This car has pretty much everything you need to get around 6mpg highway and beat the sh!t out of anything that dares to step in front, but don't you ask me what mods it has, since I dunno. As you can all see, this is a black car hacked by the owners nephew. He thought he could use a craftsman rotary, and I will let you decide by the pics if he knows or not. I've been wanting to detail this baby for a while, but finally I was able to get it! Woot!

He called me on Wednesday and asked me how much I would charge him for a detail to bring back the paint to life and I agreed to go there and give him some demos in waxes and sealants. After price was set and agreed to start it today, he brought the car to my house around 3pm. This car sounds like a beast even from a mile away! Anyway, onto the pics! Yeah baby!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

This pics were taken just after the hacking job. Now, to my pics taken yesterday. As I said before, the car arrived to me around 3pm, and my main goal was to polish the hood since the roof where the car sleeps usually, has a serious filtration and stained to the point of going through the clear coat and leaving a mark on it. I decided to try a mild step, but had to go tougher since it was doing nothing. Now, onto the process:

Washed the car with ONR and a sheepskin
    Dried using a viking MF
    No need for claying since the hacker did it before
    Polished the hood with OP and an LC orange flat pad and PC spreading on 3 and working it on 6
    Waxed with Pinnacle Souveran Liquid (old formula) using Meguiars even coat aplicator

All of the above, polish and wax, removed with Danase Buff Towels

Pics at arrival(notice the nice weather outside)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

$6500!?! Wow do I ever love those G bodies. I love the wheel and tire combo.

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Now, to the nicest part, enough torture... This next pic shows the power of ONR when used properly. Pic taken at the trunk lid
    [​IMG]

And after washing
    [​IMG]

Then I decided to go right into polishing. As I said, no claying was needed, and my combo was already chosen for me. Let me mention that the goal for the owner was to either reduce or to remove holograms, not a lot of correction, but it helped a little... Here's a 50/50 of the hood being polished. More holograms, please...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And after full polishing of the hood
    [​IMG]

Then, after being happy with the polish, I then went to the LSP, Pinnacle Souveran, as chosen by the owner during the wax demo. I was surprised on how much depth and clarity this wax gave the paint, even beyond what I have seen either on websites or right in front of me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is an ongoing project, and the interior work will be done tomorrow morning. Then before the sale is closed, I will get it again to polish the rest of the car, so keep your eyes wide open, because this one is gonna be huge!

Thanks for looking

Joey

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Fantastic car, very nice work!

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looking good so far. More sun pics please! :)

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh love the outside pictures, reminds me of back home..hey you live near a fire station too nice.

You got a lovely garage too, man those pictures of the surrounding houses brings back good memories.

Vehicle looks good :thumb:

8. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Looking great from your pic's Bigfoot!:thumb:, these pic's make me miss back home (Hatillo).

9. kaval

kaval Two Bucket System Washer

Can't wait to see the rest. This car means business!

10. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Thanks! :thumb:

I want to, but we are having some serious rainfall here in PR which is causing some serious flooding and cannot move ahead for the pics :thud:

Actually, the owner is the one who lives right beside the fire station, but I'm not far away from it :giggle: Gracias Compa! :mounty:

Mi hermano! You are missing some serious stuff down here. The comercials about Fortuno and AAV are hillarious! :crasy:

You have no idea how much business this car means. The owner already has received over 10 calls all the way from the other side of the island and money is starting to rack up. In the meanwhile I get the car again, I will :drinking2:

11. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Great that you are getting the business from your work. Someday when i can i'll pay a visit to the Isla and maybe pay a visit to you. My brother lives in Caguas.:thumb:

12. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Just let me know and maybe we can do a Puerto Rico Detailing meet :headbang:

13. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

excellent job!!!

what part of PR you live in? my family is from Corozal(mother) and Morovis(father)

14. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

15. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Thanks!

I'm from Juncos, home of the "Mulos"(minor leage baseball), sub-champions 2008 tournament, Valencianas(Voleyball and basketball female teams) V-Ball 2007 National champs; B-Ball National champions 05-07 :woopdedoo: :lol: