1976 Corvette Stingray - Anthony's Auto Detailing

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Anthony Onorato, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This vehicle belongs to a client of mine in Ventnor, NJ. He's a cool guy that understands what goes in to paint correction. This vehicle was done over the course of 2 days at 8 hours per day. He built this vehicle pretty much from scratch, and the paint was showing it's age. It's garage kept, but after 10 years of wiping down before shows and a few improper details from some other "pros", I had quite a bit of work on my plate. The clearcoat was rather hard and there were some deep RIDS in the paint. This is a show car, that only drives to and from shows, so we looked for as close to perfection as possible...and we will be setting up a schedule to keep it perfect.

Products Used:
    Adam's Car Shampoo
    Adam's All Purpose Cleaner
    Adam's Glass Cleaner
    Meguiar's M105
    Meguiar's M205
    Metal polish(forget the name and brand...it was the customer's that he swears by and he's ordering a bottle for me...it was GREAT!)
    Chemical Guys Blacklight
    Chemical Guys Lava
    Chemical Guys V7 Hybrid
    Adam's sVRT
    Chemical Guy's Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray
    Adam's In and Out Spray
    ONR(clay lube)
    Adam's Clay Bar
    ONR(detail spray)

Here is what I was working with:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheels before:
    [​IMG]

Wheels after:
    [​IMG]

Final shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Anthony Onorato
    Anthony's Auto Detailing

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Awesome turnaround!!! Looks like it should!!

Do you mind sharing your method of cleaning/polishing those rims. I have a truck schedule for Columbus Day weekend that has non-coated aluminum rims. I would like to improve their condition. TIA

3. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

That Blacklight/Hybrid O.M.G :worship2: Amazing Work.

And I thought Americana Left cars dripping wet :shead::banned::crasy:

:D

4. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Yeah, great before and afters. Man, I haven't seen a cheesy airbrushed hood like that in twenty years. Great work, it came out beautiful.

5. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Nice correction, the hood graphic is not my "thing" but the correction work is great. I don't know who had their hands on it before you but it certianly looks like a show car NOW!

6. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks guys, I appreciate. The hood's paint isn't quite my thing either, but the man loves his car! He was VERY happy with the outcome and this past weekend he took first place in a Corvette-Only show! He called me to tell me, which means a lot to me. I like being more than just "a detailer" to people.

As for the wheels, I used a spherical pad on a power drill with a metal polish.(Specifically Mother's Powerball Mini), it was cake!

7. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

Bit of Corvette Summer there... Looks fantastic. Always nice when a customer drops you a line letting you know how much they appreciate what you did, never mind helping them get first place in a car show!

8. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

great job. black is a PITA with the older vettes. That hood paint has got to go.

9. Tegeler

Tegeler Two Bucket System Washer

great work! let us know what that metal polish was it looks amazing!

10. pushtiulk

pushtiulk DB Forum Supporter

Great job! Congrats!

11. sydtoosic

sydtoosic Birth of a Detailer

great work,,, nice save. that vette is sweet.