1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Vert

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Pats300zx, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

The 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 454 is one of the truest forms of American Muscle Car and this car is owned by a fellow neighbor of mine that has 3 Chevelle's and is a true Chevy freak. All three are convertibles.

The detail was not my smoothest detail to date. The client dropped the car off late on Saturday which gave me a better part of the day to get started on it. The car was in excellent shape and he just wanted me to focus my correction on the hood and truck. Apparently he had just recently had the the hood repainted and then someone decided to wipe the car down with a a dirty towel....NOT GOOD...:eek: The client wasn't really interested in having the interior done but I decided to do it for him.

The car also had terrible overspray on the wheels and all the chrome. This had to be removed with "bronze" steel wool.

After he dropped the car off I was able to wash and clay the car and get it ready for polishing the following day. Getting called into work for half the day, dealing with temps in the 90's and humidity of 90 + in my garage, the constant threat of rain and thunderstorms, and the fact that the client wanted the car back at the end of the weekend did not make this a "happy" detail. The good news was that the client was very happy with the outcome. Unfortunately as soon as I pulled it out of the garage it started pouring down rain and he had to drive it home :(

Process:

Wash with CG Citrus Wash and Gloss and 2 BM
    Tires cleaned with Westleys Bleache White
    Clay with Meguiars White Clay
    Polish with hood and trunk with Makita 9227 and Sonus White pad with Menz 203
    Rest of car polished with 205 via PCXP and Megs yellow 8006 pad
    LSP=S100
    Convertible top cleaned and treated with Raggtopp Vinyl Protectorant
    Chrome polished with Megs Hot Rims Chrome Polish
    Interior wiped down with Megs APC 10:1
    Interior dressed with HD Protect
    Glass cleaned with Zep Glass
    Tires dressed with PB Bold and Bright

These are the best photos I could get before the storms came. I literally pulled it out of the garage to take photos then it poured. I had to pull it back in the garage and wait for the storm to pass before the client came for the pick up...:sadpace:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. THE 92 Z CAR GUY

THE 92 Z CAR GUY Any Rag Vehicle Washer

sweet!great job:thumb: my uncle has one like that 70 454 but its a hard top maroon and white stripes,but the orig color is the same as the one you detailed!:applause:

3. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

looks nice pat. man do i love those cars. timeless if you ask me. and that 454....what a machine!