1953 Buick Roadmaster - Goodguys BoS

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Aesop, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Please excuse the lack of writeup, I am switching all my photography and information to my own server.

Regards,
    Sean

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Love the color!!

Looks so cool. I love these old cars, just awesome.

I would love to detail something like that. I like the green carpet as well.

3. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

I love the wood on the exterior of the car. Nice job with the car, just curious - what camera/lens did you use to photograph it?

4. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I use a point and shoot for all photos. I resize them with MS Paint. I am rather low tech with this end of my work. Every time I have spare money to grab a DSLR, I buy some really good waxes.

5. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

That Woody just gave Me a Woody :giggle:

Man where did you come from? 15th post and 4 Home Runs :bat: Luv It :headbang:

6. richy

richy Guest

Sean..you have my respect. You're a man of your word. Thanks for posting this car. You did a great job on the paint. Have you ever tried 85rd or something like X3 either with a mf or 0000 steel wool on poor chrome? It works wonders for me. Also, what do you use on white walls? I've been using Magic Eraser with Zep APC. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more of your posts!!!
    Rich

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That is some great work and great pics with a P&S. I have been thinking of picking up some Race Glaze 55 sample pot as I have read alot on some other forums. I can back up richy on using 85rd on chrome, it will clean it right up and do it pretty fast as well.

8. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

On poor chrome I use Race Glaze chrome and glass. Thank you for the tip though, never really thought of using 85rd on chrome to be honest. Tires use bleche white its been around for ages, and works great. Any one in Europe I would go for Swissvax Pneu White, or Race Glazes whitewall cleaner. I use a swissvax wheel brush with some real effort to get them pearly white.

Posting on the forum across the pond really.

Race Glaze is a fabulous company, 55 is awesome stuff. The sample put should do your car twice really.