12 x 12 pop-up $44

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by heatgain, Mar 1, 2009.

1. heatgain

heatgain Guest

So I went to Home Depot with the wife for a piece to fix the water hose that I had just ruined, and, at the end of the hose aisle, sitting all by itself, was a slightly torn-up box of a QuickShade canopy, 12 x 12, marked at $44.00!
    I have 2 of the same make 10x 10's, and they're great, but just a little too small, so I usually erect both of the 10x10's and tie them together, but the middle legs of the 2 10x10's end up by the car door opening and that's a scratch waiting to happen.
    I bought the 2 10x10's at Harbor freight on sale for $79.00 each.
    I grabbed the 12x12 for $44.00, took it home, put it up, and nothing's wrong with it at all. Apparently, it was an item they had for over 2 years on the shelf and just wanted to get rid of it, hence the $44.00 price.
    Wish I could tell you all it's a sale price nationwide, but I just happened to luck out.
    Ive been walking around here all day smiling!
    Thanks for reading, I don't know anyone else I could tell that would appreciate the bargain.

2. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Nice find!!!

3. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

awww i was very excited at the title...but great find!

4. heatgain

heatgain Guest

hmmmm....I should have worded the title better.....sorry. :)

5. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Yes I have that one and 12 x 12 is the perfect size .

6. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Me too. Craigslist has a 10x20 for $110, I might but it. Great find OP.

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Great find. Well, They say timming is everything...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

8. Jay J

Jay J Birth of a Detailer

Do you have an SKU?

9. heatgain

heatgain Guest

SKU is 133957.

10. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

SKU does not seem to be working...or well to the pop up

11. dtaildood

dtaildood Any Rag Vehicle Washer

so a 12x12 is a pefect fit huh
    I dont have a garage and I dont want a super sunny or drizzly day to rain on my parade!
    Ive been looking to maybe get a canopy and it seems like its a must for me. How do these hold up in high winds...can you tie it down with a metal stake or what be it? Im just worrie of a nice gust of wind blowing it down the block lol

12. heatgain

heatgain Guest

A nice gust of wind WILL blow it down the block....perhaps 2 blocks. or....
    You can stake it down, tie it down, weigh it with 4 sandbags, 4 buckets of water, one leg in each, or, they have weights that slide around each leg (optional) that will hold it in place.
    In a high wind, however......I wouldn't use it.

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Absolutely, positively correct. In a stiff wind, these things can become like parachutes.

We use them at the racetrack all the time, and usually, we tie all four legs to either a wheel each, or sometimes, we tie it to the whole car, or to a trailer.

14. Jay J

Jay J Birth of a Detailer

SKU comes up as a Mildew remover at my local HD