112 hours on a F355

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Jan 26, 2010.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Just looked at this afternoon from his blog. He did a really good job and love the video.

Also love his web page...

3. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I aspire to be at the level of these world class detailers one day... :worship2::worship2:

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

nice detail, but I don't see what took 112 hrs, unless there was a LOT of stuff they didn't document

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I hate these video only things... I like pictures...

6. 911Fanatic

Me too!

Kinda hard to compress 112 hours worth of work into a 6 minute video I guess.

I agree. The write up is coming.

7. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

NICE video!
    Love watching at these videos...

8. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Very nice video! I also don't see the 112 hours even at the slow pace I use on my own cars. There were some deep scratches I would have filled with clear coat and wet sanded before compounding if time permitted.

9. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Excellent, I am sure it will be a cracker...

+1 on d00t's post !

10. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

in the vids you see two guys, plus the camera guy...maybe he is talking total man hours?

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm guessing that time did permit if they were allowed that many hours to complete the detail ;)

12. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

Aaron already said how I feel, but its guys like this that we can all learn a lot about the business side of things from. It may start with it, but a successful detailer/detailing company needs more than passion

13. Clark

Clark Two Bucket System Washer

Thanks guys...

The detail was 112 man hours - these arent 9-5 days either, more like 12-16 hour days.

Touching in the scratches with laquer/wet sanding etc would have been even more time consuming to do it properly, and why bother when the wool removed all but 2 or 3% of the very deepest RIDS.

The full write up with loads of pics will be on its way shortly - the videos arent to everyones tastes I know :)

14. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I enjoy seeing both :applause2:

15. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

nice job looks great man.

16. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Clark, these guys are questioning WHY it took 112 hours.

As I said on DW, love the details.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

17. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

this is like how many hours can you spend with a car.
    i just cant imagine how you can spend that much time with a car

18. Clark

Clark Two Bucket System Washer

It depends on your standards I guess.

A couple of years ago I'd have said the same thing, now I can still see things on a 150+ hour detail that can take it further - it's natural when you push yourself to learn new things and progress your skills I guess :)

19. 911Fanatic

I agree. The more time I spend doing larger details, the more opportunity I see for improvement. After a while it becomes a game of what else can I do to make this look a bit better.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree, I could spend hours upon hours detailing a vehicle. Heck when I do a full paint correction the owner delivers the vehicle to me on Friday and picks it up on Sunday and at times even this amount of time/days is not enough...but then again I consider my self to be slow when it comes to detailing.

I also agree that it all depends on what it is your trying to achieve, I've detailed some show vehicles and I don't even keep track of time when I detail such vehicles. So 112hrs doesn't really surprise me, considering the attention to detail Polished Bliss dedicates to a vehicle.

Look forward to the write up Clark :popcorn: