1000W Halogen Work Light at HD

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by v|nsan|ty, Apr 6, 2012.

1. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

2. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the heads up but I had one and it's junk.

3. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Sweet. I use 2 500w right now, but a stand would help greatly! Hopefully the 1/5 star rating isn't true :/

4. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I bought my 1300watt at Sears and it has a better stand was $10 less. ;)

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I've had a few from HD and the build quality was crap. I'd pay anything for a good quality set of lights. Anything.

6. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I have that one love it great light.

7. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

8. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I bought a husky stand light a couple years ago, the stand has fallen apart. Not all the great.

9. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

drew935, keep in mind the link you posted is for the American prices, not Canadian.

The 1000W I got from Canadian Tire a while back isn't great either, but it gets the job done. It blew the bulb about 3 times over the span of a few months but replacements are about $5 for 2.

10. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Yeah I just replaced mine from CT, here's a insider trick. Keep your receipt, and you will have 1 year warranty with Canadian Tire, it's very easy to get a replacement.

11. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

12. 911Fanatic

Thats the problem with society. We need to start demanding quality, but be willing to pay for it.

13. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Ya we do! I'm tired of having to buy cheap crap all the time.

14. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Hold on there. By directing that at my post, I can only assume you're insinuating that I'm contributing to the "problem with society." I demand quality in everything I do and in what people do for me. I'm more than willing to pay for virtually anything within my means when the price warrants the product offered. In this case, we're talking about a lightbulb on a metal stick. As an inexpensive version, this would would suit my needs just fine. If you need something sturdier, then by all means, pay $100+ for said light on stick. Now excuse me while I try to order my light while simultaneously annihilating Western Civilization. :devil:

15. 911Fanatic

I wasn't directing it "at" you, but rather at society in general. With the Walmart mentality running rampant in North America, its becoming harder and harder to find quality products. Even though its just a "light on a stick" LOL, I use mine 6 days a week so would like to have the option to purchase a quality unit, rather than the POS offered to me because it's what the masses prefer.

16. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

I'm not even going to get into this but now that quality has been mentioned - everyone wants quality, but in the case of forum purchasing and mass discounts daily from the more commonly advertised vendors people want "quality" but most only want to pay for it if it has a discount..same walmart mentality scale, different arena..

17. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Thanks Mike,I am pleased with this post. The last time I went in to further detail on my thoughts about this,the thread was closed. AG WALMART,AG,WALMART,AG,WALMART AG,WALMART. Support your local,or non-local "small guy" vendor. Its worth the time and the money in the long run.I'll choose a Buy One Buy One anyday to get proper service and shipment.

18. 911Fanatic

I don't even know if it's about service Darren. I just want to pay a fair ( at this point, even exuberant ) price for a quality item that will last. Sure I can take my POS lamp back to HD and they'll happily give me another POS lamp that I WILL eventually be bringing back. I don't want to go back. I just want the damn thing to work for more than a month. We spend hundreds on top quality polishers because why? They are quality built and last. I'd happily pay $150 for a set of halogens that were quality built and didn't go through bulbs like a Vicodin addict at a drugstore.

19. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

I will give you that Ken, trouble free return on a crap product,Its nice,but would rather have a good product to begin with to avoid such service