1000+ HP Jeep SRT Clean Up

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by SRT8Spartan, Jan 31, 2013.

1. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

Wells boys and girls, recently had the opportunity to work on a friends quite literal beast. This jeep is one many people know of if you are part of most LX or mopar forums, 1000+ HP street-able jeep that breaks necks and cashes checks haha. The jeep has seen a 2 or 3 corrections over its life from what I understand, but track season/Michigan roads and improper washing tech's have led to it needing a little work, so when I offered he jumped at the opportunity to get it cleaned up before show car/track season.

For those interested heres a little background on it:
    -Aluminum 426 block
    -Vortech YSi Supercharger
    -Complete custom driveline
    -Paramount Performance trans and T-case
    -Fastest supercharged GC SRT, ran 9.41 this last summer in the 1/4

Without anymore of me fanboying it, here we go:

Inspection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wash marks it seems

[​IMG]

Fender under LED and Halogens and Brinkmann

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taped up

[​IMG]

Pillars corrected

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Driver door under mirror corrected

[​IMG]

Driver rear door

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where gas cap hits paint

[​IMG]

Tails lookin a little worse for wear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quarter cleaned up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Track #'s still on window, unlimited :)

2. SRT8Spartan

Rear pillar knocked

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nicer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tail lights polished

[​IMG]

Rear bumper scratch before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cleaned up a little, but gunna come back to it later, wetsanding most likely needed

[​IMG]

Fender like deep dark space

[​IMG]

Passenger side rear, low pressure area throws up all road grime

[​IMG]

Tape off and all done for now until Michigan weather cooperates for more haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Variety of machines/pads/polishes were used until a nice combo was found. Vehicle is being kept safe and sound in a nice heated garage and with no LSP on it as of now the owner has decided to later down the line to go with Wolfs Hard Body but that will come later. This car is now very much what Jim Morrison would call a dusky jewel :D haha. Wild to think even my SRT8 was almost 1000 less hp.. haha. Thanks for looking everyone!

** Sorry for some of these pictures, looks like they were taken with a potato. **

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What a beast of a car!

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Greta turn around :)

5. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

nice work

6. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Awesome work! Must be crazy to drive a Jeep with over 1000hp... And who did that exhaust?? o_O

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Looking good!

Make sure you take paint readings if you continue to work on this vehicle as it has been HEAVILY compounded and polished out twice by me... Might wanna suggest Brian goes with a coating to help preserve as much OE clear as possible as this Jeep seems to get swirled to shit every 6-12 months...

PS: Throw up some pics of the suspension set up as it is equally as impressive

8. SRT8Spartan

Beast indeed!

Thank you sir!

Thanks!

Insane for sure, riding in it is seriously insane I can tell you that, and that is a custom exhaust little off which seems to annoy some people, but i think with 1000hp+ i can overlook this haha.

Hey jason, I figured since it came over to you the first time that it probably had been heavily worked over thoroughly. I really did have to leave a few places when I did see a few readings I wasn't comfortable with, and figured you had to give it a little more so I told him that and he was comfortable with the outcome. It really did get nailed since you last had it, I think all the work its had and track time is like a whole different world for it, nevermind some pics i saw of track guys wiping their cars down for them with terry shop towels :gasp:. I discussed a few things with him and seeing what he is most comfortable with, seems to be either HB or 22ple as of now, but he has a few things to think over before I do anything on that route. Really wasn't bad to work on and I could definitely tell it had been taken care of by you though, just sad to see it happens so fast, hopefully a coating I end up with will help that a bit. Ill have to look through more of my pics of the undercarriage, your right, the car is really a work of art and just makes me feel bad about the power of mine haha.