'10 Audi S4 Gets Opti-Coated on Long Island

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Will, May 24, 2013.

1. Will

Will Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Client wanted his car to be better than show-room condition and a fresh start. He wanted the best coating available and the best detail possible. The car was really beat up from the beginning and had tons of visible scratches without the use of any lighting or even the sun. I was in for a big project. Those who know Brilliant Black know exactly of the horror that I had to deal with. 11 hours of hell...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The condition was consistent across the entire car. Not too much build up and Uber aggressive clay took care of everything.

[​IMG]

Even after 3 passes of M105, the finish was not 100% but it was substantially better. I feared I was cutting through too deep in some locations so to play it safe we settled for some minor RDS across some panels. They were unnoticeable on the vertical panels without very strong halogens and completely unnoticeable with fluorescent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The garage I worked in was quite small so I couldn't take very good shots from far. And those that I did take came out way too overexposed from the lighting. I had a long day and didn't feel like playing with the camera. The entire process from wash to Opti-coating took 11 hours.

Correction process
    - Rupes LHR15ES
    - Meg's Cutting Pads + M105/D300 (mostly 105, 300 wasn't enough)
    - Meg's Cutting Pads + Chemical Guys V36
    - Meg's Finishing Pads + Chemical Guys V38 (I don't recommend on Brilliant Black)

Prep/Protection
    - 15% IPA Wipedown
    - Opti-coat 2.0 Application

Trim/Wheels
    - Collinite 845 on wheels
    - Chemical Guys Natural Shine Dressing

Overall I was very happy with the results of the Rupes+MF+105. Too bad 105 dusts so much otherwise I would use it more. I found myself using V36 more often as it cuts pretty well and has zero dusting. The client was extremely pleased to see the car shining again. The condition was so bad that when washed, the car looked horrible. Now he has a car that looks better than it did the day he bought it along with the proper protection to keep it looking that way.

For more information about the Long Island detailer visit:
    XclusiveAutoworks.com

2. Vinbags44

Vinbags44 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Looks great !!!! Nice work...

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Great save there . Looks amazing again. What part of LI are you in ?

4. Will

Nassau County but I'm mobile so all of L

5. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Cool I'm in Suffolk I did also do Nassau . But we got rid of the house in Freeport after Sandy. I rarely do mobile .

6. Will

We all got hit really hard my dude sorry about the house. I do mostly mobile, can't work out of my own home its not zoned for that and I have no desire for the overhead of a shop.

7. Darklol

Darklol Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice work !!

Does V36 matches the cutting of M105 ?

I am in the same boat as you. M105 cuts very well but makes too much dust.

8. Will

V36 doesn't have as much bite as 105 but it has a longer working time and no dust.