1-step polish?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Xcessiv, May 20, 2009.

1. Xcessiv

Xcessiv Birth of a Detailer

Hi.

Let's say you have ~8 hours to fully detail a car (interior, engine, exterior). The car is a black Mustang GT 2008 so the clear hardness is medium. The polisher is a Flex 3401 DA.

I don't think I can do the usual SIP/Nano in less than 8 hours, because the outside/inside/engine/clay/sealant/wax processes will require around half of these 8 hours, leaving 4 hours to polish. What would you suggest to get the best finish on this black not too soft paint?

- Menzerna SIP on white pad?
    - KB method on white pad?
    - Menzerna 106FA on white pad: not enough cut and will not correct anything?
    - KB method on orange pad: way too much cut, potentially leaves a cloudy finish?
    - Menzerna SIP on orange pad: already tried it on other cars, cannot be done as a 1-step?

Thank you for your help.

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Menz Power Finish (PO203S) - (M) this is a one-step scratch remover polish that will remove 2500 grit, cut 3.0-gloss 3.5, is formulated as a quick way to polish out light flaws and amplify the paint’s gloss

3. Xcessiv

Xcessiv Birth of a Detailer

Unfortunately, I don't have this Menz product and can't get it before this specific job. :(

4. richy

richy Guest

You get what you pay for...is it a matter he only wants to pay you for 8 hours? Do the outside only properly and have him come back for engine and interior. Or he has to pay more.

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Menz Power Finish with German Green CCS will give very good results correction wise without the need to follow up with a finishing polish. I have yet to see this combo leave holograms on any paint that I have used it on. Having said that, I agree with richy. Explain to the client that the time frame may only allow for one pass with the polisher and will not give 100% correction. If he wants it mint, you'll have to spend more time on it.

6. EisenHulk

EisenHulk Birth of a Detailer

What about perhaps using M205 with either a white or German Green CCS?

7. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I would go SIP on white in your situation.