1 Step Polish

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by B.Prug87, Mar 25, 2009.

1. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

I no i no i should do atleast 2 if not 3 steps when it comes to polishing but people i no are starting to ask me to detail there cars and i just dont have the time to spend 8+ hours on there cars.All i would like to do is remove oxidation and bring the paint back and make it shiny.Iv done this with glaze but we all no its just temporary.I use a PC and i have LC pads Orange, White, Green, Gray and Blue. What polish and pad combo would remove oxidation and make the paint shine. If it removes some swirls thats great but my main concern is removing oxidation and just bringing the paint back. I find most people do not want to spend the extra money to remove swirls for they dont see it 2 be a big deal like me or any of you would.Right now i got a brand new bottle of Menz SIP and SF(Nano 106).Should i buy a different polish for these types of details?

2. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

i like M105 on a pc for this

3. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

i thought it needed 205 because it leaves a lot behind?Plus 105 if i remember reading correctly is for severe paint defects

4. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

i think your 106FA will do the some of the tricks.
    try also M83 and M80

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Menz Power Finish or Gloss-it One Step.

6. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I heard of 203 being pretty good for this.

7. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

2nd on the Power Finish. And if you have the headroom, buy yourself a Flex 3401 and a stack of white pads and you'll be knocking them out of the park, LSP ready!!!:drinking2:

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Absolutely! Menzerna Power Finish with a white pad and the Flex is my new killer one step combo.

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Not to hijack the thread, but I just got a few of the Flex's in. They'll be up on the site shortly.
    Now back to your regular programming.

10. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

PF or SIP.

11. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

Definitely power finish

i've done it LSP ready on the following two pads
    uber green pad
    3M UK yellow

I'm sure anything less aggressive than that will do fine too

12. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

I use InstaFinish Buff n Shine, InstaFinish #15, Scholl A15 and Scholl S17 with a polishing or finishing pad for one-steppers... awesome all of them. I usually do one-steppers for the dealers here (except Ferrari :D). I don't use the Scholl stuff much anymore though as I've become a huge fan of InstaFinish. I can finish up 85-90% of all jobs with IF #15 alone.

13. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Light / Medium Paint Correction - Power Finish (PO203S) LC CCS Green / LC Blue foam or Micro Mesh TufBuf ® black lamb’s wool pads 1500 - 2000 RPM) should be all you need.

14. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Power finish with a white or green LC pad looks like a winner to me.thanks guys

15. merlin3008

merlin3008 Birth of a Detailer

Really impressed with power finish too. I used it last week on my wife's car where she got rear ended in a parking lot. It was mainly bumper scuffs with very few deeper scratches, but it was very noticable. I didn't have any power gloss left, so I took the power finish (203) on an orange uber pad and it really did a great job. It cut enough to get rid some of the major defects but left it almost ready to LSP as it broke down. I hit it with some 85RD because it was a small area, but if i were doing the whole car, I could probably have gotten away with just 203 with a less aggressive pad.

16. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

you can control pressure and it will finish pretty nice

17. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

unless i'm understanding this wrong, if you are looking for a one step: cleaner, light polish, and some type of protection, i've heard nothing but good from Megs 151. That would be my understanding of a AIO. If you are looking for an even cheaper product, only if that is what you are going for (not saying your work would be defined as cheap), I like using just megs cleaner/wax, super easy to get, and really good results for that quick clean

18. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

I just used 106FA for the first time a few weeks ago. I was very impressed with its correction ability. Darn good stuff. Either 106FA or Power Finish would be my one step choices, or if I'm *truly* doing a one step (not even gonna do an LSP step), I'd go with D151.

Conspicuously absent is M205. I'm still having problems getting it to finish down well. I'm able to get 105 to finish off better than 205. I get nasty 'grams with 205, regardless of how many light weight passes I do with it.

19. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I like Meg 151, I want to try Menz 203

20. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

sounds like 203 is getting bumped up on my list!