1 step, 2 step, 3 step?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by sal329, Jul 16, 2008.

1. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Can someone explain to me the steps? I hear and read (when see pricing for details) the 1 step costs X, 2 step X and so on. Would 1 step be using a product like a AIO (Poli-Seal, D151), a 2 step be using more a more abbrassive polish, followed by a finishing polish (ex Meg 83 follwed by 80), 3 step a compound, polish, final polish (M105, M83, M80)? Sorry for the dumb question but it was never explained and I am kinda confused. Thanks

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Yeah actually you have it about right....a lot of times with a heavy compound you will need to then move to a medium polish followed by a finishing polish to clean it all up...this ensures that swirls are actually removed.....a good one stepper would be AIO probably or maybe even just a medium polish with a polishing pad

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Thanks I wasn't sure if this was correct, felt kinda dumb asking lol

4. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: you got it sal329 :thumb:

It comes down to what imperfections the customer would like to have removed. If the customer want the vehicle show ready then it will require several steps and including wet sanding. So the more steps you have the longer it takes.

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Cutomers, I wish lol. Thanks Nica

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Dont feel dumb, many people dont always take the necessary steps for near perfection, including myself, because that isnt what every single person wants, and being in tuned with what customers want will only benefit you so its important to know all of it.....so it was a great question i think

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

There are no dumb questions-nobody knows it all. I've been detailing professionally for 15 years and some nights after reading this and other forums I have to turn my computer off and go to bed because my brain is full. Ray Kroc, the guy who started McDonalds once said "When you're green you're growing and when you're ripe you start to rot" Keep reading and asking !

8. Tomy

Tomy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

great.. ill be getting the AIO soon, but dunno where to get it .