09 Jet Black GTR Correction - Jimmy Lucci & Car Connoisseur

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Lucci Elite Detail, May 4, 2012.

1. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

This GTR was booked through another forum I sponsor. This client had recently had his car paint corrected by someone else in LA County but couldn't get it right after a few tries. In all fairness jet black Gtr's are a PITA but its nice to have a car that is challenging every once in a while to keep me on my toes. As my schedule has been crazy lately I called in Daniel with Car Connoisseur to lend a hand on a few cars that I had in the shop. I've been working with Daniel now for a few months although he isn't known on the forums he has crazy correction skills and I would feel completely comfortable throwing him a Bugatti to correct as he is a soldier and doesn't whine and complain just gets it done. Upon arrival the car had rids, swirls, and some other imperfections that needed attention. But above all when my client took purchase of his GTR at the dealership they had the hood repainted for him but never took the time to even sand the hood so it stood out like a sore thumb. I decided to sand the hood with 1500 dry followed by 3,000 wet to give it some clarity. Overall the car took us 3 days to make perfect no sun shots were taken as it has been raining off and on out here in So Cal, but my client took some today so I will add them to the write up when I get them. Enjoy the photos.

Wash Process

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before Damage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daniel During The Correction

[​IMG]

Myself Wet Sanding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quick 50/50's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daniel Polishing

[​IMG]

After Correction Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank You For Viewing!

2. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

that paint was jacked up!

superb work on the wet sanding and making it look all better. bravo! :applause:

3. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Black 09 GTR..........."Good luck with that" Jimothy & Daniel, GTR Black paint is the SUCKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will "Cherry pick" 2012 Pearl White all day, oh wait you and Daniel helped on this one as well.......................Norcal/Socal GTR detailing.

[​IMG]

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

You guys are like the three muskateers of detailing, kicking ass and taking names. No automotive finish stands a chance. Awesome work gentlemen.

5. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Wait till the other "East Coast" Musketeers (Bing & The J) come out this summer, getting it done.....................and Tim as well @ Adonis in San Diego.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Very nice Jimmy. I think the hood has more clarity now though so you should go back and sand the rest of the car so it matches!

7. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Wow, astonished at how bad that hood was. Cleaning up the GTR that has been slanged around :applause: Jimmy and Daniel

Bob always sets it straight ;)

8. Streetlife

Streetlife Birth of a Detailer

Very nice Job on that GT-R! She's reborn again.

9. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I know it's soft paint, but did the owner have to prove it. Nice work on a hard to manage finish.

10. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

Awesome work on paint that Zues himself would have a hard time correcting. Keep up the good work!

11. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Beautiful correction work again Jimmy and Daniel!

12. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

dream car.. the white gtr..

13. XFS

XFS Guest

GT-R back to black again!!! :thumb: nice work guys

14. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

so u did 1500 dry hmmmm ..did u use 3m hookit ?...i detail at nissan so i know the paint is a little hard ..black is looking right

15. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

1500 dry followed by 3000 wet and I used Mirka Papers.

16. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

As always top notch work!