'08 BMW M5 Correctional- Premier Shine

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by premshine09, Dec 28, 2012.

1. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Hey all- been very busy with my final year of school and have not been able to work much out of my garage in my second location in Virginia.

Up here is a 2008 M5 with 80K on the clock and was recently purchased by my client from the original owner who is located in Long Island.

This M has the following list of mods:
    - Twin Dinan intake
    - Full Meisterschaft exhaust
    - Carbon fiber hood
    - Custom leather interior

The interior required only moderate attention to the hard plastic areas and the leather which was heavily soiled and neglected. A full interior treatment including hot water extraction of the carpets and mats was performed.

Exterior- the condition of the exterior was pretty neglected- lots of oxidation and heavy, noticeable swirling and other defects under natural light. The client and I chose to simply shoot for a 65%-75% correction level and I felt that a single step correction would do the trick- after performing some test areas I felt the Interlagos Blue was of medium hardness.

A full decon wash was performed, CG Maxi Suds 2/ citrus clean mix used in conjunction with a drop of Dawn to strip any previous LSP- the entire car was foamed down with APC beforehand- Sonax FE on the wheels, various SV and other brushes were used, lambswool mitts also

The M was pulled into my garage, dried and then clayed with a medium clay/ ONR.

[​IMG]

After being taped up I then used my LED to inspect the condition of the paint- heavy defects and swirling around the entire body

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Swirling, other defects and rain/ water spotting on the black trim clearly evident- pillars were in need of a lot of attention.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Correction- Correction was performed via Flex DA and PC DA- yellow foam / Menz. SIP- LSP was 2 coats of Menzerna PL

Afters:
    Hood-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gloss becoming restored- heavy water spotting and swirling was tackled by the SIP/ yellow foam combo
    [​IMG]

50/50 on the rocker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pillars and window trim coming along nicely....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Headlights- sanded out with 2000 grit

Exterior Glass- polished by hand with Zaino Clear view glass polish

Tires dressed with OPT water based dressing

Afters- SLR is not with me- apologies for lack of quality/ HD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some Iphone pics- NO filter. NO editing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!
    - Dan K.

2. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

Great Job, love the e60 M5. Even though mine was lemoned I had second thoughts of telling the dealership I was willing to keep it, car was a beast the V10 exhaust note is magical. I think I just talked myself into another one lol

3. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

That thing looks wonderful for only doing a 2-PASS polish! WOW! Kudos my friend!

4. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

very nice Dan!

5. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

love how the powerlock looks on this car.
    What LED light are you using?

6. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Thanks guys!

Definitely my #1 favorite M car at the moment- not my favorite to work on but rather......to DRIVE! The power is immense, the sound is pretty ungodly. I've worked on a slew of M models but this one has me blown away.

7. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Yes- I really like PL on BMW's metallics, owner didn't want to step up to 22ple treatment so I went with PL instead.

Both the lights I use are:
    - LED Lenser Tac torch
    - Coast PX45 - PX45 Twist Focusing LED Flashlight-HD7438CP-P3 at The Home Depot

Both are incredibly durable and work excellent! I gave up using my halogens a while back- I still carry with me from time to time however

- Dan

8. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Thanks! I've had a lot of luck with SIP/ yellow foam combo on BMW's Metallics! For clarification, this was a single step! The Menz finished down wonderfully

9. infinity

infinity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice very nice indeed.

10. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

nice turnaround for a 1-step.

11. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

nice job

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks awesome. Nice save!

13. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Turned out well! Full Meisterschaft exhaust...I'll pass as my ears are already bleeding after just reading the word "Meisterscraft".

14. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

amazing