07 Range Rover

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by olbear1962, Nov 18, 2009.

1. olbear1962

olbear1962 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have just purchased a 07 Range Rover that is in need of swirl removal and a good detail. So much for the dealer doing it.........
    How hard is the paint on these? I have no experience with these vehicles.
    I had a Black 06 Toyota Tundra which I removed the swirls with 3M Perfect-It II, was a great product to use. Would this be a good choice for the RR?:shead:
    In the forum I see many references to Menzerna products for scratches and swirls?

Thanks,

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

congrats on the new ride! firstly, can you elaborate a little more regarding what else you have at your disposal for correction? is the 3M the only polish you have? are you using a PC, rotary, or DA? what pads do you have? whats your experience level?

3. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

If the swirl arent that bad the 3M will work fine but if you have to be a little more aggressive i would go with a two step process. First pass with Menz power finish or super intensive polish with a orange uber pad then follow it up with Menz micro polish or finishing glaze with a blue uber pad

4. olbear1962

olbear1962 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sorry, was a bit vague huh..... I have a PC 7424, orange, yellow, white, blue & black LCC pads, Meguiar's Deep System Paint Cleaner. Experience would be basic level. Have been playing with cars for 25 years, only ever hand polished until I got my black tundra, then took the plunge with the PC and the truck came up awesome - many compliments once I had finished correction. Only used the 3M product for correction.
    Have some Duragloss 101, 601 & 105 (love this stuff), #951 AquaWax. I also have C-Magic products that work very well & use on my vette, my other vette buddies swear by this stuff - no correction product from C-Magic. The vette doesn't have any swirls (yet).

As with many guys, there are so many products out there, gets confusing. Appreciate your comments

5. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

If 3M is what you have it will work fine...i would use a yellow or orange pad depending on the paint condition. Also i would work in 2x2 sections until the car is done then go back for round two if the first pass doesn't work