07 Black Z06

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Asphalt Rocket, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

This vehicle was full of rids, holograms and swirls. The owner said it looked great when he first purchased it and then thought his washing technique was bad since he kept seeing more and more swirls and scratches. Well after looking at the vehicle it was obvious that someone did a nice glaze job for the sale of the vehicle. After a few days of paint correction it was brought back to the way it should look.

I used the following products during the detail. Fein rotary, Kompressor and ccs pads, Megs 105 and 205, Ultrafina, Blackfire Wet Diamond, various wheel brushes, P21s wheel gel, P21s TAW, Solvent, Riccardo clay, PakShak WW's and microfibers.

Note: You will notice the that the wheel barrels have spots in them, they are stained from whomever detailed the vehicle the first time. I went as far as soaking the spots with solvent and it would not remove them.

Here are is what I started with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After washing the wheels there was some pretty bad brake dust etching for a vehicle with only 8500 miles on it.

[​IMG]

Wheels after being corrected.

[​IMG]

Now on to the finished product.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

finally its been a while since you post up a detail. I think a steamer can knock those spots in wheels out??

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I rarely take pics of my details, been way too busy, i have 5 more of this things to do. I tried steam first then soaked it with solvent. So they are not coming out. The solvent I use is beyond strong and it normally gets rid of 99% of the things I apply it to, so if it doesn't get this out, it won't come out.

4. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Shine on!!! The finish just looks dripping wet!! I love properly detailed black cars and the C6 is sweet! Great job!

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Fantastic job Dana, thanks for posting. How do you like the Fein polisher?

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks.

Thanks Ken, how can you not but love a tool made by Fein.

7. SHhhhh

SHhhhh Two Bucket System Washer

Great job! The before pics look like mine when I first got it.

8. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Great Job Dana!!!