06 VW Caddy

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Bernhard, May 31, 2009.

1. Bernhard

Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

Couple a weeks ago I did a detail om a VW Caddy..

The car itself is pretty coil, but the paint wasn’t, and the car was going to a VW Audi show, so I had only one day to get finished..

The car is a 1.9TDi With a chip tuned engine, so it around 140hp.. KW versjon 1 suspensjon, VW Touran leather seats, VW Helios 19’ w/ Nokian 235/35/19 tyres and the steering Wheel is from a VW Golf MkV R32.

The owner has treated it pretty often with Swissvax Concorso just to protest the paint.. But from the previous owner and after a garasje visit, the mechanics at the local VW dealer washed the car for him with a sponge..

So here we og:

CG Super Degreaser.
    Swissvax Car Bath
    SS Woolmitt
    Bilberry Wheel Cleaner 1/3
    2 BM
    PW
    CG Miracle Dyer

Pics after wash:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inspection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taped up a area just to test some different combos and ended up with Scholl S03+ and Scholl blue compounding pad, and for finishing it was Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro on a orange Scholl finishing pad:

[​IMG]

The hood looked like this after:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The paint is very hard, and for those of you who have ever detailed a VW Bora, this was even harder..

50/50 on the rear fender:

[​IMG]

I also did the interiør..

I used Swissvax Leather Cleaner, Swissvax Leather Brush, Swissvax todel, Swissvax Leather Milk and a Swissvax applicator pad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was to late for Pictures in the sun, but here are some afters…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some random of 2 other cars that also where going to the same VW Audi Show.. I did the small blue Lupo 2 days earlier and the silver VW Passat last year..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And over to the funny stuff. I had detailed 5 of the cars where there and they all got a price, the Lupo did 2. in it’s klass, the Passat did 3. in it’s klass, the Caddy did second in it’s, and mine Passat did 1.place in it’s klass and got the price for the best paint..

And I also did a Audi A5 earlier this year together with Pirex, and it got 1.place:kilt:

I actually found some after pictures in the sun from the show::

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Brynildsen Detailing.

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

that is pretty bad ass!! I don't think we have those here in the states, if so, not in Ohio.

VW Helios?? there is a VW that comes stock with 19's, I want some!!

3. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

That would be a great mobile set up, except you will smell the chemicals in the van from your microfiber towels etc...... looks great though with the correction and the monochromatic grill and wheels.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

So damn fine looking, wow! Love the Euro-spec R32 rims on there, excellent!

5. Bernhard

Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

Thanks guys..

It's not R32 rims actually, they are from VW Phaeton, and costs around 800$ each without tyres in Norway..