06 Chrysler Ceramic?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Jedidiah, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

Ok so i just finished claying the car and have her all taped up for a day of what i thought would be playing with my new MZ stuff but i really can't find much of scratches in this car!?

i take car of it. but in the winter would take it through a car wash...

i'm hoping the day light will give me more ability to see the scratches.

Any ideas? cause i really can't do a show and shine with a smooth car :) and i know based on all the things i see here there is no way in heck this thing is bullet proof.

maybe some fancy lights? and an example of "hologram" ?

2. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

Ok so i opened the garage and turned on the HID head lights and now i can see a few circular marks. not a ton but still. can i use my HID bike light to help or is LED the preferred?

btw the car is this color
    [​IMG]

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

What light sources do you have?

Often the avg joe will have an incadescent in the garage, those typically will show some defects... If not go under one of the lights at a gas station (metal halide) lights will show defects as well.

For light colored cars incadescent will work on a very localized area, also if you turn off all you other lights excluding some halogens from a good distance away you should see some defects.. I know dsms has said he put his halogens at an angle to highlight the defects..

Trust me, even after one tunnel wash - they are there...lol

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Like deep gloss said, they are there.

Ceramic paint, if you have it, is not really scratch resistant to what we may think of it as. It will still scratch pretty easily, and just makes it more of a paint to work on. HID bike light could work, try it out. Look at it front many angles, and move the light in many angles.

5. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

its there. maybe you did well by taking care of it but just get spot light and you should see them. its harder to see it on grey metailic though

here is MB s600 ceramic clear after its been washed by brick by owners "friend"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    maybe yours is not as bad

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Go to detailers domain and get the Fenix flashlight he sells. Its pretty much all you'll ever need. If its a little pricey, go to your local building supply store and get even a single 500 watt halogen lamp. Very inexpensive.

7. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

i'm using 3 double florescents and my double 500 watt halogen. i have to get right up on it with just the right angle to find them tho.

i'm only going to use PO106FA / Blue and Sealing Wax APO60 / BLack. though cause there isn't many scratches and the ones that are there are coming out with 106.

playing hooky is fun

8. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

these are not that hot but it is hard to get a picture of what i'm seeing. i guess in the end i'm happy cause either this paint color is a master at hiding stuff or i really did take ok care of it. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

thanks for the input fellas. i did find a few scratches here and there while i was working that the 106 didn't make go away. they can wait till spring. :)

pics up after i get these darn leafs raked :)