05 Mustang GT help

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Cooter, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Hey guys,
    I have an 05 Mustang GT. I really want to do a thorough detail on the engine and engine bay. The problem I have is this. The alternator is located under the intake. Its kinda hard to get to. I'm worried about getting water in it and possibly screwing something up. Has anyone ran into this problem before?? If so, how did you go about doing the engine detail? If not, what would you recommend doing?

I'll post a pic later. Working now and photobucket is doing site maintenance now :fs:

Thanks,
    Heath

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

[​IMG]

The alternator is located under the air-inlet pipe/ throttle body.

3. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

Wrap it with HD alum foil or no direct spray on it. It does get wet in normal operation/rain.

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Heath I've done alot of engine details where i couldn't cover up the alternator, just don't spray in that particular area with too much water and as soon as your done turn the engine on with the hood up so the water can evaporate

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

When I do my 03 GT I dont cover the alternator. Just dont spray directly on it like Dust said.

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the help!!

What about Coil on Plug- plug wires?? Anything I should be aware of there??

Thanks for your help!!

7. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

You'll be fine, once again. Just dont get the washer right in there and you'll pretty well never have a problem on most newer cars.

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Thanks for the advice muchachos!!

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm pretty sure you'll be alright Heath since your car is pretty brand new. If it makes you feel any better, I detailed my Integra without covering anything at all and I sprayed everything down.

10. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Hey buddy Denzil!!!!!!!! thanks man!

11. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Just cover the alternator with Aluminum foil and other area's of concern Heath, or just don't get does area's wet if you don't feel comfortable about them.