05 Lamborghini Gallardo-Lots of scratches

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Asphalt Rocket, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

This vehicle is owned by the client that has the 09 Escalade. He is very picky about his vehicles and wanted this one to look like it should. It only has 4k on it and has never been polished since new. After looking over the vehicle it was covered in scratches and factory wet sanding marks. He noticed them after bringing the vehicle home when new and has not done anything with them till now. They are very hard to see in the sun so out of sight out of mind kind of thing until now. So now this is one of the many cars he has that I will be taking care of for him.

The following products were used to correct defects-various LC pads from orange up to blue, 3M wool pad, M105, M205, and Ultrafina. Lots of 3M green tape. For the LSP I used the new beta Lusso Oro from Phil. The wax is very hard but easy to apply and very easy to remove.

The first four pics are out of 20 I took trying to get the defects. For some reason it was very hard to get them with my camera. I am sure the lighting had alot to do with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest are correction pictures. For some reason this car was very hard to take pictures of. I guess that is the problem with the point and shot cameras, you can not make adjustments for the lighting or it was the color of the car itself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Nice car!!!

Did you photoshop those pics?

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks. I do not photoshop my pics, what you see is what you get straight out of the camera. Just for some reason with this color some had a orange tint to them.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I had no intention to offend if I did...

The color just looks odd in the closeups...

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

None taken, that was the problem. Everytime I tried to get a close up the orange was really bad. I had over 60 pics of this car and these are best out of all of them. Just ask JL about me and a camera, there is no way in hell I could use photoshop.

6. You need a better camera Dana. But think of it this way, we can tell just how good that car looks even with a shitty camera. That's how perfect that car must be in person.

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Maybe no flash, and turn down the contrast a shit ton...

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

9. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Nice job Dana.

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

So this is the beast you were telling me about huh?? Looks sick!

I wish the black Stradale I am working on right now started off in the good of shape... Back to work!

*is your phone broken or something??lol*

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Great job, something about that color just makes me salivate...dont see too many Lambos in red.

12. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Nice work, nice car!!!

13. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Super job Dana. Getting some great clients with some awesome rides.

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great job on that one Dana! I cant believe cars of this calibre are delivered like that. I have problems with red looking orange at times as well. Oh well.

15. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Nice work Dana!

16. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

very nice work

17. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Looking good Dana!

18. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

sweet color :) i dont think ive ever seen a lambo in red great job on bringing this one back to its former glory

19. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great job!

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Josh

Thanks Heath and I wore them to detail the car.

Thanks Seth

Thanks Jason, trust me this didn't start out very nice and combined with the extremely hard clear of this vehicle it made it just that much more fun. When they wet sanded this car they sanded all the way to every edge, loads of fun.

Touche, but I will go and get it fixed today.-lol.