04 Roush Mustang

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JLs Detailing, Dec 10, 2007.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Well this is the Mustang that I was suppose to do on Friday and the Dr. forgot to drive it to work. Well I went to pick it up today and thought I was picking up a Mustang GT convertible and much to my surprise it was a Roush Mustang :what:! I could not wait to get behind the wheel of this thing and drive it to my house. Man this thing has some serious power and the roar of the exhaust is awesome! The car is not abused by any stretch but it is not properly cared for either, so he enlisted me to help that out. This was my second use of Lusso Oro and it did not disappoint! I also used my Leather Master Strong Cleaner for the first time. Well here's what I did:

Tires/Wheels: The wheels were pretty nasty so I decided to make my job easier and enlist the help of MS Wheel Brite. I sprayed the wheels with Wheel Brite and agitated the barrels with my EZ Detail brush. I then rinsed them and sprayed them with my MS Super Green Stuff so if any Wheel Brite was left over it would be neutralized, I also sprayed the MS SGS on the tires and wheel wells. I sprayed the face of the wheels with SC Beyond Steel because it sure does make chrome wheels look great. I used the Swissvax brush and my Wheel Shmitt to clean the wheels and tires and wells. I then dressed the wells with MS Quick Details and the tires with CG's Extreme VRP.

Engine: It got the usual, a rinse, sprayed with MS Super Green Stuff, agitate with brush, rinse, dry with leaf blower, and finally dressed with MS Quick Details.

Interior: I cleaned the interior with CG's Total Interior Cleaner. Inside was a little dirty and pretty dusty but nothing really major. After a good wipe down of everything I protected everything with CG's Extreme VRP. Inside was then vacuumed and floor mats cleaned. I used DP 4n1 QD solution for cleaning all door jambs. For the aluminum Roush kick plate on door sill and the aluminum pedals I used SC Absolutely Aluminum polish.

Leather: OK finally I had some leather seats that were not clean. They were not the worst I've done but I couldn't stand not using the Leather Master anymore. I did have a little bit of a problem with application. It states to put it on a sponge and squeeze it repeatedly to create a foam and work the foam into the leather, well I couldn't for the life of me get it to foam up much at all regardless of how much or little I used. I went ahead and wiped the leather down with the sponge and man did it make quick work of the spots, marks, and stains on the leather. I then wiped the excess off with a white MF and the seats looked nice and new. Even though I didn't get it to work like the directions said it did a great job of cleaning and made cleaning extremely easy. Maybe Phil can chime in and tell me what I did wrong, but regardless it cleaned very well with no elbow grease! Next was going to be conditioning so I employed Nica's method:

[​IMG]

This works very well and the heated up leather just soaks up the leather conditioner. I used SC Voodoo Leather Rejuvenator. Thanks for that tip Nica! :chest: I never could get the right lighting to show the real before and afters when using the Leather Master sorry. :thumbdown: Guess I should have used my external flash

Glass: Inside and out got CG's Glass Cleaner.

Convertible Top: I sprayed the top with ARO and worked it in with a brush. Then I rinsed it off and washed it when I washed the rest of the car. I used a boars hair brush on the top then. After washing I protected it with 303 Protectant. Believe it or not this was the first time I had used 303 and it worked really well.

Wash: I used CG's Citrus Wash n Gloss in my Foam Cannon and a Chenille MF mitt. Bugs got Poorboys Bug Squash and Pinnacle Safe Scrub.

Clay: Ok after the wash the paint felt kind of rough so I decided to clay. I used the grey Adams Clay and DP 4n1 Clay Lube. I was very generous with the amount of Lube I used and clayed the vehicle. When I was done I dried the vehicle with the leaf blower and the CG's guzzler and CG's Speed Wipe QD. When I finished drying I was surprised at how much marring there was. I guess the Adams grey clay is a little more aggressive than I have been used to because this was the first time I had seen the marring when claying. Did I do something wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated since I want to continue to include this into my regimen. The paint was very slick afterwards and polishing got rid of the minor marring with no problem.

Paint: There was some minor swirling so I decided to use Menzerna 106ff with the Flex and a white LC CCS polishing pad on speed 5. I buffed it off with a CG's yellow and black MF. I am still amazed when I buff off the 106ff at the shine that is left behind. Next up was the Lusso Oro again. Man this wax continues to really impress me. I left it on a lot longer than I did with my Jeep and it was a little more difficult to get off. Nothing really hard just more difficult than last time. I applied the Oro with a my Flex and a LC CCS blue pad on speed 1. The shine is so reminescent of Souveran that it's scary! I love its depth and warmth.

The Dr. was really impressed and I had a blast driving it back! Hopefully with his connections this will open some doors to some higher end details for me! Oh yeah for those of you in the great white North it was 81 degrees here in NC today and they say it'll be warmer tomorrow!:headbang:

Well here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some reflection shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The signature shot:
    [​IMG]

2. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

great job man, that paint looks deep and wet. This lusso stuff everyone is talking about must be nice.

I noticed this in your other posts as well, you live in a real nice neighborhood!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice detail :applause: the vehicle looks great.

I'm glad the leather tip/trick that I picked up from Clark of Polished Bliss helped out. Glad you noticed the difference.

I like the way you turned that engine bay around, very nice.

That claying indusing micromarring is interesting and look forward on reading what others post about it. I on the other hand I'm used to the micro marring induced by the Red Clay Magic...I've tried many things to not cause as much marring as possible but so far I still get a bit of marring :confused: but I only use the Red Clay Magic when it's really needed.

Thank you for sharing vehicle looks great :thumb: oh and thanks for letting us know about the temperature :hippie:

4. JLs Detailing

Thanks Nica see I'm learning and watching everything you do on the interior. Yeah I'm looking forward to hearing what others say about the amount of micro marring they get when claying. I mean polishing knocked it out no problem I was just a little worried when I first saw it.

Thanks Bro I really am liking the Oro and for the price I really don't know why anyone wouldn't have it in their arsenal. Thanks for the compliment on the neighborhood, we really love it!

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh...I forgot to ask you this..I think I've asked you this before but I'll ask again.

What kind of gloves do you use?

6. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

VERY VERY NICE! I LOVE IT!

And man I want one of those homes with the porch all the way around the house!

7. JLs Detailing

I use the Purple Nitrile SafeSkin gloves from the local Wally World. I don't like latex and I really hate latex with powder. These gloves are powder free.

8. JLs Detailing

Thanks bud and thanks for the shipment it got here just in time! There are several houses in the neighborhood with wrap around porches. We decided to go against the grain and did a screened in porch off the back.

9. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Lookin good wolfpacker!

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Looks really good! I'm always amazed by those stick shifts...are they called hurst or something?

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

That's one sweet looking Stang! Lusso Oro, huh? Very nice!

12. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice work Wolfpacker! The mustang looks nice, I would love to drive it :D Lusso oro looks good on this one to. hmm. Great job :D

13. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Very nice Wolfpacker!! The Oro keeps looking promising.

14. JLs Detailing

Thanks for the compliments guys and yes the Oro is the real deal. If you are thinking about adding a wax to your collection this would be my recommendation. The look you get for the price is unbelievable!

15. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Looks real good, I can't wait to try the lusso myself its just to cold here in NJ. I coming down by you for a few days so I can try out the lusso in that 81 degree weather.:lol: Anyway great work on the Stang and the lusso really does give it a deep shine.

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Lookin good as always bro....:headbang:

I have to say it again, I am sooo jealous of you people and your details in December.. Today we have an ice storm.. YAYYYY!!! NOT!

Ok - back to bidness

I've never used the clay you did but have some questions: how much pressure were you using while claying (I use virtually none), you said you used tons of lube right? I basicall do not stop spraying lube the entire time the clay is on the paint... just like P Dalton (No I am not jocking him). How often did you reform the clay and look for contaminants embedded in the clay.. I do it 1-3 times per panel.

Hmm, leather strong huh... what have you used prior to LS and what would you compare it to?

Lusso is really looking good to me and I may have to buy some!!

17. JLs Detailing

Thanks brother! I may have been using too much pressure. I didn't realize that you use it with virtuallly none. I did use lots and lots of lube. I also did not reform the clay that much since it didn't seem to be too bad, but maybe I should have. I've still got a ways to go to get the claying process down but I'm working at it.

I can't really compare Leather Master to anything but the Interior cleaners I've used. Compared to DP TIC, CG's TIC, and Woolite/water mixture the Leather Master is 100 times better. I used virtually no effort and the seats came clean.

And yes you really need to buy the Lusso Oro!

18. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Great job on the detail! man...side exhausts are cool.

19. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

wow great job, AWESOME color

20. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Great job Wolfpacker! Paint looks wet, tires & rims are outstanding, interior is sharp and the engine looks sweet! Nice job!