03 f150

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by kustomizingkid, Jan 4, 2010.

1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

This was an interesting detail for me, it is the first time I have done an all indoor waterless type of wash... Used some methods gathered from Dave KG writeup and went to town!

Exterior Cleaning
    ONR
    OPC at 3:1
    Diablo at 3:1
    Raceglaze XL and SV style brushes
    VX5000

Correction
    Makita
    Uber Green and Blue
    M105 & M205

LSP
    BF Wet Diamond

Interior
    VX5000
    1z Cockpit Premium
    Stoners IG
    OPC at 5:1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hate dealer stickers with a passion. soaked it in 3M and then hit it with the steam and it fell right off!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wheels were done by the Dave KG method, a little bit of Diablo and some preagitation, hit um with some steam and wala!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I measured the paint with my highline II and was semi disappointed, readings in the 90-100 range... the tailgate had reading in the 50-70 range! Needless to say I did no correction on the gate...

I wanted to try some new compounds so I initially was going to just one step it with S03+ but it was hologramming and marring a ton.. so I tried M105, almost no holograming but still plenty of marring, so I grabbed SIP and for the first time ever it was leave some marring and holorgramming... WTF!!!

This was the first time I tried to one step and failed... Usually SIP on Green is a one step monster... not today. I was happy with the amount of defect removal from the 105 and after chasing with 205 the paint looked great!

This was honestly the hardest correction I have ever done... don't know what was going on.. paint was just kind of a PITA...

I couldn't catch the defects with my camera at all so I did one 50/50 and gave up... all you get is afters :D

[​IMG]

All Done!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BFWD FTW!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. raptor

raptor Virgin Detailer

great work :applause2:
    and nice picĀ“s

thomas

3. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

great work. Just curious, do you have a link to the write-up by Dave KG? I tried finding it but could not find it in search.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

5. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the response, that's how I searched as well through the 5 pages but did not find it. Or maybe its hidden under another title. Sorry for being a pain, do you happen to have the title?

Note: also tried searching "waterless" and Dave KG but no hits :(

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nice work!!!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That bitch is KLEAN!

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

This shot is awesome. What kind of steamer do you have?

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

VX5000

Steam Cleaner - Steam Cleaners - Vapor Cleaner - Commercial Steam Cleaners

Here are a few details that Dave talks about his waterless methods.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47/skoda-fabia-vrs-inside-outside-detail-13136.html

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47/mercedes-e320cdi-paint-correction-detail-tuition-13273.html

10. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

That's some great work Brandon! Nice writeup too!

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks great! I totally want a better steamer!

12. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Do it!!!!

Steam is amazing... I went through two boilers worth on this detail, one on the outside and one on the inside...

I have to say that the Wet Setting on the VX is very very nice, really helped rinse away the remaining Diablo from the wheels...

13. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba