03 Cobra-1000+ HP

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Asphalt Rocket, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

This car only has about 2400 miles on it but from sitting and the use of a car cover has scratched it and the paint had a hazes to it. The pics really do not show the haze and the outside pics are not as nice as I would like since the sun has not been around here lately. I performed a 3 step polish on it to bring it back to life.

As the title states this car has over a 1000 hp, and another engine is being built so it has a "reliable" 1200 hp at the wheels. A few members have been asking about this car so I figured I would post it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These sort of show the haze to the paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the afters, just wish there was more sun because this silver really popped after the polishing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

Wow just phenomenal work... I bet that thing sounded great!!

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

outstanding work ... great looking stang!!

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks great Dana!

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Beautiful Terminator!! Makes me wish I got silver instead of black. Looks great Dana!

6. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Good work Dana! Glad to see you working again now that our pops is doing better!

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Looks Great!

8. Very nice Dana!!

9. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

its nice ...

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice. any more pics of the motor?

i sees a KB SC in there.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

This thing looks like the ultimate sleeper!

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice work Dana. Good to see you posting again!

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet mother 1,000 HP wow that would take a bit of getting used to, handling wise that is.

Vehicle looks great Rocket, good to see you still detailing and sharing with us :thumb:

14. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks, it sounds just like any other Mustang until you floor it.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks Heath.

Thanks Aaron, I am so far behind with dad having some misery, it is nice that people will wait for you, that right there says a lot about your work.

Thanks.

Thanks Josh.

Thanks Roger. No more pics of the engine, a motor is electrical-lol. After seeing the pics without the sun I lost interest in taking anymore. It is a KB Mammoth sc, there is a new engine and a bigger KB for the new engine.

Yes it is, just imagine doing 80 mph down the highway next to someone and hit the gas and the tires start smoking, now that is fun.

Thanks Ken, had to make sure dad was back up to par before doing anything else, now I have to dig myself out of a detailing whole-lol.

Thanks Carlos, like I have said I have had my full attention on my dad as of late, but he is out of the woods so I have to play catch up. Actually the car is kid of a pain to drive because no matter how easy you press the gas the tires just go up in smoke, thats the cool thing about a roots type blower, instant torque and lots of it.

15. I would not know what to do with 1000hp...I mean I'm sure I could figure it out rather quickly...but by that time...I'd need new tires.

16. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Amazing work Dana, the finish looks superb. Is this the same guy that has a shop near College Park in Greenbelt?

Hope everything is going well for you, let me know when you are in the area next.

17. richy

richy Guest

P1et..that's EXACTLY what I was thinking! Great job on the Mustang Dana...you didn't happen to shoot some video on your camera of it running, did you? I wish I'd done that on that red Mustang I did in the fall. BTW..this picture, with the shadow made me chuckle for some reason...maybe the percocets??? Next you'll be doing bunny ears, hahaha :)

[​IMG]

18. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Chas, it is the guy with the Mustang shop in MD. I might be up there this week or next. I will let you know.

Thanks Richy, no video of the car. I am just used to cars with a lot of power so I don't get all worked up over them. For you though if he does another one while I am up there I will get a video for you, also will make bunny ears for you if the sun will come out here. We got snow again and suppose to again this coming weekend.

19. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

You are going to be in MD?

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Yes, exit 23 off of 95, one exit down from UMD.